40

Tw: mention of SH and su*cide

I laid on top of Isaiah under the blankets after we cleaned up.

I was tracing all of his tattoos with my finger.

"Do all of your tattoos have meaning?" I wondered.
"Some I just thought were cool. Some got meaning." he answered.

I grazed my hand over the black widow on his ab.
"This one just looked cool?" I asked him.
"Mhm."
I slid my hand over to his side above the cobra tattoo.
"This one too?"
"Nah, me and my mom got a fear of snakes. I guess I thought it would be cool to get something you're afraid of. So yea, it's both."
"Hm..."

I flipped over and laid on my back on top of him then took his arm and lifted it higher on top of me to see those tattoos.

"The noose?" I asked.
"I used to be suicidal." he said nonchalantly.
I turned my head slightly to look at him.
He looked back at me. "I'm alright now. Just before I was goin' through some shit. Was tired of seein' everybody die and I was left to mourn them. Where I'm from you get a phone call that somebody was killed at least once a week. There was a time when back to back those were people I was close to. It used to be more than just me, LJ, Kareem, Andre, and Kevin. I felt selfish for still bein' alive and I thought life didn't mean anything anymore. You can get it stripped away so easily then why the fuck am I still here, you know? I'm just as much of a bad person as they were, if not worse, but I get to live? Felt like shit. Tried to take it into my own hands."
"Did you get help? How old were you?"
"I was maybe sixteen. I would've been successful, but my mom came home too early one day and I had a gun pressed to my forehead in my room with headphones on as loud as I could make them so I didn't hear her enter. She watched me cock it then basically tackled me. That was like my third attempt, the first two I didn't cut deep enough or I pussied out."

He's been through so much, I'm surprised he isn't completely grey.

"My mom made me go to therapy. I stopped doin' that bad shit like robbin' people for no reason. Now if I pull a gun out it's because I need to, like somebody's tryin' to hurt someone I love or I see them robbing somebody else but I'm not a menace. Couldn't handle it."
I looked at him.
"I'm sorry you went through that but I'm glad you came out better." I stated.
"Thank you." he replied.

My eyes looked down to the tattoo under his collarbone.
'Sleep when you're dead'.

"What's that one's meaning?" I asked him and touched it so he knew which one.
"It's for my dad. He was always helpin' people or workin' so everybody used to tell me that man never sleeps. Guess he gettin' plenty of sleep now. Well deserved too."
"I like that." I stated.
"Yea?" He looked at me.
"Mhm."

"You think you'd get one?" he wondered.
"Probably not. I don't really like needles."
"Mm." He stared forward.
"I'd get a temporary one." I joked.
He looked back at me.
"Get a little sticker, put it on my arm, dampen it."
He laughed at me.

"What?! You don't think I'd look cute with a temporary tattoo?" I asked in shock and sat up.
"Nah, you'd be beautiful."
"So we can get one?"
He snickered. "Yea, we can get you a temporary tattoo."
I smiled and laid back on him.

___________________________________

I woke up at around 8:30 this morning and looked over at Isaiah who was still asleep.
He sleeps on his back with his head to the side and his lips slightly parted.

I never noticed how long his eyelashes are.

He was a very pretty sleeper, and I'd hate to do this, but I really needed to get home.

I gently nudged him.

He was still asleep.

I did it again.

He still slept.

I sighed.
Maybe I didn't have to go home this early.

I got up to brush my teeth and took my phone with me.
When I was in the bathroom and started brushing, I checked my phone.

Two missed calls from my dad.

Nope, I need to get home.

I spit out my toothpaste and rinsed my mouth out then hurried back into the bed and jumped onto Isaiah.

"UGGHH!" he groaned awake. "Fuck..."
"I'm sorry, but you weren't waking up and I have to go..."
"Goddamn, you couldn't just make a lotta noise?" he said as he stretched.

Didn't think about it.

"Get up so I can pee and we can go." he stated.
I got off of him and he stood out of bed and stretched again before walking towards the bathroom.

"I'm sorry I hurt you!" I called to him.
"Nah, you're a menace." He shook his head as he closed the door.
I laughed at him.

~~~

We sat in Isaiah's car on the way to his house so I could get in my own car.

He was too tired to brush his hair and all he did was throw on a shirt. I thought it was funny. He's the first person I've ever seen be attractive when they first wake up, though. At this point it's getting obnoxious.

We made it to his house and I was about to get out.

I looked at him and his forehead was resting on his steering wheel.

"I'm sorry." I snickered.
He sat up and leaned back against his seat. "You alright."
"Do you still want me to cut your hair later?" I wondered.
"Yea, Bunny."
"What time?"
"I'm off today so whenever you show up. I am about to go to sleep when I get back home though."
I snickered. "Yea, I thought so."
"Text me."
"Maybe..."
"Don't play with me."
"Alriiighttt...I'll text you." I promised.
"Good girl."

I was smiling to myself as I closed his door.

I got in my car and she luckily started.
I reversed out of the driveway and Isaiah followed behind me.