58

"Dad!" I yelled as I entered.
"Yea?!" he shouted back and I noticed he was already in the kitchen.
"Oh..." I snickered. I brought the cake ingredients to the kitchen.
"What's up?" he asked and turned around to face me. I saw the sandwich he'd made.
"Isaiah said he'd be here for 7."
"Alright."
"Do you...maybe...have anything nice to wear?" I asked gently.
"It's not my date. Why do I need to dress up?"
"Well...not dress up per se. Just...not be in a wife-beater and sweatpants."
He chuckled. "Alright, kid. I see what you mean. I'll try to jazz it up a bit."
"Thank you."
"Mhm. Whatcha got there?" he asked referring to the bags in my hands.
"Oh...just some stuff for later."
"Cool." He took a bite of his sandwich.

I headed upstairs.
If I wanted everything to be perfect, I'd have to start getting ready right now.
I needed to deep clean the entire house, which wouldn't take long since I usually do it every Sunday. My dad hates it because the vacuum is so loud or I play really loud music while I do, but I like for us to be tidy. I also needed to shower and do my hair. I decided I'd straighten it. I'd have to do my makeup which might take a while. But I wouldn't get ready physically until after I finished cooking. Which might also take a while.

I went back downstairs and clicked play on my cleaning playlist.
My dad looked up at me.
"You know what time it is." I stated.
"Aw c'mon, man!"
"Out of the kitchen! Go to your room."
He sucked his teeth and took his sandwich with him upstairs. "Just like your mother." he grumbled.
I laughed then tossed my phone onto the couch before getting ready to clean.

~~~

It had been four hours. Which meant I only had three left. The food would be ready in another half an hour but I could just set it to low heat and get my dad to watch it while I got ready. Which would mean it would be ready in an hour.

The entire house was spotless and organized. It also smelled like the sweet candle I'd lit.
I finished mixing the cake batter then poured it into both of the pans I had set to the side for each layer. Once I placed them in the oven, I got my dad to go downstairs to keep an eye on the dishes while I went into my bathroom. He was dressed and ready in a dress shirt whose sleeves he'd folded up his forearms. He was also in a nice pair of pants. I guess it wasn't important enough for him to keep his sleeves down. But he always thinks it's too hot so I couldn't be surprised.

First step was to shower.

I smelled like I'd been deep cleaning a house for four hours and cooking.

Even my shower would be long. I deep cleaned myself about four times over. Exfoliated. Shaved. Moisturized.
When I stepped out, I felt like a brand new person. And I smelled fantastic.

Next I started on my makeup.
I still had my music blaring loudly in my bathroom and it was getting me even more excited.

I told Pam that I wouldn't be coming into work today because of the occasion and of course she understood seeing as it was technically her idea. She even told me to give her a ring if Isaiah steps out of line while talking to my father. She's very adamant on having a reason to whoop him, and I know he said it isn't true, but I don't think his mom likes him and it makes me laugh every time I think about it.

I finished my makeup and honestly I was a bit tired. I'd been restless since I woke up this morning.
Now to flat iron my hair which would also take forever.

My phone dinged while I was halfway done with it. I looked at the notification.

Isaiah <3: I'm omw

That little message made me giddy.

I continued fixing my hair and after this was done I could finally get dressed.

The dress was a strapless black velvet dress with small splits on the sides at the bottom. It was a bit short reaching the middle of my thighs but I'd get over it.

I slipped it on with the heels that went with it.

I looked in my full length mirror that I kept hung on my closet door and I was so excited and felt so pretty. I was almost jumping to the moon.

My makeup was done, my curls were stretched to a bit below the middle of my back, and my dress fit so snug I felt like a model. Everything was turning out great.

Then I heard a knock on the door.

I excitedly left my room and traveled down the stairs.
"I got it!" I yelled.
"Okay. I turned the heat off on the stove."
"Thank you!"

I stood at the door and calmed myself.
I adjusted my hair behind me before opening the door.

I saw him leaning against the wall while staring at his phone. He had one hand in his pocket and...
He was in a suit.

His hair was actually done.

He wore a nice suit with the tie off and draped over his shoulder and he looked so nice.
I walked out and closed the door behind me.

He lifted his head and did a double take that made me giggle.
"Holy shit..."
"Do you like it?" I asked, smiling wide. "I thought I looked pretty..."
He was looking down my body. "Do a spin."
I turned slowly.
He smiled. "Look at my baby." he stated then pulled me to him before bringing our lips together. I very happily kissed him back.

When our lips parted, he said, "Goddamn, you're beautiful."
My cheeks almost hurt from smiling so hard.

I examined him more.

"You clean up nicely. You look extremely handsome." I stated.
"You think so? My mom kind of threatened to kick my ass if I showed up in a t-shirt and sweatpants." he chuckled.
That sounded like Pam.
"You look great, if I wasn't with you, I'd be jealous of me." I said and kissed him again.
"Stop, you'll make me blush." he replied sillily and I laughed.
"I uhh...I don't know how to tie this..." he stated and held his tie out to me.
"It's okay. We'll figure it out."

I opened the door and we walked in.

"Daaadd, look who's here!" I stated and held Isaiah's hand.
My dad stood at the kitchen counter while he looked at his phone.
He picked his head up and looked at Isaiah.

"Hey." he greeted.
Isaiah didn't respond.
I nudged him.
"Uhh...Hello...sir..."
I could tell he was nervous and it was kind of cute.

The two just stared at one another.

"Okay, you two sit on the couch or at the dinner table and talk while I check on the cake." I instructed.
My dad gestured for Isaiah to follow him then he walked over to the couch.
Isaiah looked at me.
"Go on. He won't bite you." I stated.
He sighed and walked over.

They're adorable.