20

We were riding but this time he decided to take his mom's vehicle rather than his. Hers was bigger and more of a sports suv than a sports car. I wondered why. It didn't stop him from driving quickly like usual.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.
"No where special. Just finna be you and me."
"That sounds creepy."
"Text your dad and tell him you with me." he instructed.
"Why?" I wondered.
"So if somethin' happens, they know who did it and they come get me."
I looked at my phone and went to mine and my dad's messages.

I'd only pretend to text him, one to trick Isaiah into thinking I had and prevent something, and two, because if my dad knew where I was, or more so who I was with, he'd probably kick mine and his ass.

"There." I stated.
"Good."

"Can I ask you a question?" I wondered.
"Go ahead."
"Why did we take your mom's vehicle?"
"Cause my car can't drive where we goin'."
"Oh..."
Strange.

We were back in Westdale.

I wondered why every time he wanted to take me somewhere, it was in Westdale. Why can't we go somewhere kind? Somewhere peaceful? Were those not possible options?

He drove around and even honked his horn and received a wave in return by strangers on the street twice. I wondered how many people he really knew for him to never go anywhere and not know a person. Then again it may be scary but it's still a small town.

In only a few more minutes, we arrived in the middle of empty land, at the top of a hill.

This is it?
This is why we had to come all the way to Westdale?
For grass?
'Kay...

"Get out." he commanded and did the same.
I was so confused but still opened my door.

When I did I noticed something.

These were the most stars in the sky I'd ever seen.
Back home the sky always looked pitch black. Like the clouds were hiding them. They looked the same in Isaiah's neighborhood. Sometimes I could quickly count 5 or 10 of them but here...it would take me days.

A bug flew into my face and I fanned it away.

As it flew off I noticed it was a firefly.
"Oh..."

"Come here." he said and I saw him sitting on the hood of the vehicle and leaning back against the windshield.

I went over and sat next to him.

"Is this...safe? I don't want to mess up her car." I wondered.
"If you do, she'll just get a new one."
"Right..."
I wished I had that luxury.

I sat with my knees to my chest and looked around, seeing more fireflies as I did and a moth or two.

"Why here?" I wondered as I heard the crickets.
"I like it here. This where we used to park at night and everybody would be hangin' out. That was mostly while I was in school though. They still do it sometimes. Guess that ain't tonight."
"Oh..."
"You a city person or a country person?" he asked. His arms rested behind his head as he stared at the sky.
"I'm a country person when it's time to go to bed. A city person during the daytime."
"That makes sense."
"What about you?"
"I don't like the country like farms and shit. I like when everybody know everybody and it's like a big family without outsiders botherin' anybody."
"You don't like country. You like rural."
"Yea, that."
"I get it." I nodded.

I looked back at the sky.

"Did you guys pick this place because of the sky?" I wondered.
"Nah, that was a plus. We picked it for the open land, lots of parking space, and it's away from everything. If you don't feel like bein' bothered with shit, this the place to be." he stated.
"Yea, it's nice..."

I continued examining the area.
I could feel him looking at me now.
I looked back.

"Tell me somethin' else about you." he commanded.
"Like what?"
"I don't know, whatever you want. Like what do you wanna be in life?"
"Oh! Okay, I'm really into film. Like movies and stuff. I don't care about being an actor. I mean the stuff behind the scenes. The effects. The directing. The writing. All the work they put in to make this deep story that can affect real people."
"Damn. That's the most excited I've ever seen you get. But I've never heard that before." he stated.
"What do you mean?"
"I mostly hear they wanna be a doctor, or a lawyer, or some shit. You like...actually chose somethin' people don't say that often. Like you chose somethin' you actually like and it ain't just about the money. That's cool."
"Oh..." I smiled to myself. "I don't know I've been into it since I was little and watched all the old movies my grandma had. Then I got my dad into it."
"That's what's up." he smiled.
I liked how he sounded genuinely intrigued. Whether it was to convince me or it was actually genuine didn't matter, the attempt is still nice.

"Tell me somethin' else." he instructed.
"What do you know so far?"
"That you smart. You stay to yourself. Your mom died when you were little. Your dad's protective. You're what? 20? 21? I forgot."
"21."
He nodded and continued. "You like peace but you also like fancy or uhh...luxury I guess. Which is why you like country at night but city in the day."
I was shocked he even put that together.
"You don't have a lot of money but hate for people to know you don't. But that shit's common, you know?"
I looked down at the ground.
I felt him look at me again and I turned to him and rested my cheek on my knees.
"You're pretty. I know I like lookin' at you. I'm kinda pissed it's dark out here. I can't see you as well as I usually do."
I noticed the space between us and moved a little bit closer to him.
He saw and snickered lightly. "That's cute, Bunny, but that ain't close enough."
He took my hand and pulled me before grabbing one thigh and bringing it to the other side of him, making me straddle his lap, facing him.

"I want you right here." he stated. He looked at my lips as he spoke then licked his own.

His hands rubbed up my thighs until they made it to my waist and caressed gently.

"Are you about to kiss me?" I asked in serious curiosity.
He smirked and looked into my eyes. "You want me to kiss you?"
"You can if you want to..." I replied shyly and looked down at my hands.
He chuckled. "Yea, I wanna kiss you."
I looked back at him as he looked at my lips.

Our faces grew closer.

Soon we were being blinded by three pairs of headlights. I shielded my eyes and Isaiah turned around to see who it was. This made me nervous. Who are these people? Is this land owned? Are we trespassing?! Are these cops?!

One car stopped and somebody got out.
"YOO!" they called to Isaiah enthusiastically.
"YO, LANGSTON!" Isaiah replied.

The other cars stopped and parked and I got out of Isaiah's lap.
He got off the car to go greet people.

I sat there and watched as I tried to let my heartbeat relax. I'd almost kissed this man. I need to be more careful.