Chapter 52

7 – The Eternity of Kaliarya Ignis – 12

Again.

Again, I let her die alone. It was an accident so it couldn’t be help? No, this is certainly not the case. If I had gone with her, I’m sure I could have saved her. Or, was it still inevitable even if I had been by her side? Even if I thought hard about it, I didn’t find any answer. Because she was already dead.

This incident was more than enough to plunge me into despair. I cried and shouted, scratching off my whole body with my nails, writhing in the pain and agony that assailed me. Everything before me turned dark, all the sounds disappeared from the world, both my heart and my body crumbled in pieces. Yes. It was exactly this kind of feeling. But that didn’t mean I could allow myself to easily fell into despair. It’s difficult to get back to your feet once you have fallen into self-abandonment. I was well aware of this. I desperately held on my mind that had plunged into darkness and could break down at any moment. For the sake of saving Ilya, I couldn’t allow myself to go mad.

I will go to another world, I have to search for Ilya. Then, this time, I have to save her, definitively.

What am I saying at this late hour? I scornfully laughed at myself. I deliberated on what I should do if I met her by chance in the next world. In that sense, I might have gone a bit crazy in the head. Because even though I already knew you couldn’t start your life anew, I still couldn’t stop myself. Sparing no time for mourning, screaming and being stricken with grief, I proceeded with the preparations to fly into the next world. I spent all my time on increasing my magic power. I felt vague fears regarding my own behavior. Originally, I should lament over Ilya’s death, drown in sorrow and it wouldn’t be strange if I was overwhelmed by my emotions. Yet, on the contrary, I had set new objectives and was pushing ahead with them. Looking at it positively, I was moving forward, but on the other hand, it felt like I was heartless and cruel.

However. No matter how I’ll look in other people’s eyes, I have to cross world once more.

**

After her death, I carefully investigated about the person called “Ilya,” from various points of view, starting with her environment and family background, until her relations and her position as a noble. I also included information about Soleil and Silvia, trying to understand why she was so attached to her position as his fiancé, why she was trying to protect her sister. I tried to scrutinized everything. The unknown details were overwhelmingly more numerous, but there were also many things I discovered, as well as things I already knew. That’s why, I thought I could fare better when I’ll meet Ilya in the next world. And yet...

Things didn’t work out as planned.

I foolishly thought that, if I crossed over world, I would be able to redo everything starting from my encounter with Ilya. It was sheer stupidity. .... ..... The moment I arrived in the next world, something felt out of place. First, I noticed I wasn’t in the body of a bird nor was I flying in the sky. I also couldn’t hear the singing voice I should have heard. A dry wind made the hem of the black coat I was always wearing fluttered while a cloud of sand danced in the air. As I surveyed my surroundings with narrowed eyes due to the dust that was trying to rob me of my vision, the pebbles at my feet made noises. Whether I looked at my right or left, all I saw was sand, sand, sand. No plant was growing here, and I couldn’t see any living creatures either. Only a cloudless blue sky.

“It’s different from before.”

Inside my head, such words echoed. Next, I wondered “why.” But, nobody gave me an answer. In the end, I roamed about this world of sand for many days. Then, I finally drifted to some country. But at that time, I realized this world I had transferred to was different from the “previous” one.