[SPOILER]Ria's?(Crow/ML) arc.

Very long times passed since Ema's death. Ria was wandering aimlessly until he felt like he was called... by a cat. Though no human can see him anymore, animals still can feel his presence. The cat gestured him to follow it, so he does. He finally arrived at a worn out shop owned by an old lady. Surprising to him it seems she could see him, and talk to him even he couldn't reply (Ria is still in the state of a mass of magical energy, he does have appearance because of the doctor but other than that he's like an abstract being). She showed him inside a shop which is actually a doll shop. There Ria found something that caught him by surprise. It was a doll that looked a lot much like him. The old lady said that this doll was once a karakuri (mechanical) doll. But it's been left for too long it already stopped moving. She also said that usually dolls have name but this one doesn't. Still there's some letters sewn on its clothes that spelled KA..RA..SU.. (crow) it was written in old language that was no longer used. She said that maybe the only one who could read the language was her because it was that old.

At that moment Ria realized that this doll must be him and the clothes it wears was his when he worked as a wizard. The true words etched on it was his name KAria RAia igniSU (it spelled like that in japanese). He suddenly know that the doll was made by Ema. The old lady than gave the doll to him, but since tha glass case and the doll was big she went out to take something for him so he can move it easily. As she went away, Ria tries to touch the doll when suddenly he was pulled into the doll and he was moving the doll body. It was revealed that this doll that Ema made wasn't a karakuri, but rather a magical doll made with Ema's magic reside in it. But since Ema's gone, the magic also disappeared from it. And since Ria right now is a mass og magical energy, ria can fit into the doll and use it as a medium. Ria finally realized that the reason Ema made this doll is because she always believed that Ria was out there. And she was always waiting for him to return. After crying his heart out (he can make a sound now since he has a medium), he walked outside the store not minding the old lady would find an empty case. She gave him the doll anyway.
With a new body, he started to feels the world again as if he was reborn. Besides talking he can also used his magic now. He can turn into animals (crow specifically) or a child just to play. Though he doesn't enough power to use powerful magic for attacking. But after the long hollow era he can finally feels "hope" and he wants to do something for other to make him feel alive. And at that point he met Ilya. Maybe he was just want to boast his new body and abilities so he offered her some help. He didn't know what Ilya's goal is but he still offered his hand for her. He swore to help her.

_____
Crow's view
Crow's meeting with Ilya from Crow's point of view and his observations on her life (this is the life where she kills herself after learning that Sylvia is pregnant with Soleil's child).

Ilya first catches his attention when he hears her singing a lullabye very like the one Emma used to sing. He has never heard it since, partly because he never went to look for Emma's birthplace. He spends a few days observing Ilya before going to talk to her, and concludes that she is definitely not crazy, so he's really intrigued by her.

Most of the rest of the chapter has Crow commenting on her life: about how she works so hard it's actually unhealthy, but how no one ever tries to stop and instead just tells her to work harder. About how only Al is different, but how he can't do anything because of his position. About how she's always alone and keeps everyone at a distance, including Soleil, and how she always hides her pain from others. About how obsessive her love for Soleil is. He also talks about her wedding and her life as Soleil's wife, which is pretty much exactly like her life before it (working hard all alone). All stuff that's been covered in other chapters, basically.

The chapter ends after Soleil and Sylvia tell Ilya that Sylvia is pregnant. Crow finds Ilya sobbing in her room and that's when she tells him about how she keeps repeating her life. We then get that conversation where Crow comments that she is living in hell and he wonders what crime she committed to deserve it.

Seeing it from Crow's perspective competely changes the tone of the dialogue though: he wasn't mocking or blaming Ilya, he was empathizing with her and superimposing their situations. When he was talking about 'what crime did you commit to be the only one suffering this way', he was actually also talking about himself and asking why his father had done this to him. Unfortunately, he realised too late that his reaction had pushed Ilya even further into despair. The chapter ends with him feeling guilty because this was the first time she had ever reached out a hand to ask someone for help, and he (accidentally) slapped it aside.

The chapter pretty much confirms that Crow has nothing to do with Ilya's situation and that he doesn't know any kind of magic to turn back time or relive the past. He really wished he did after he lost Emma, but since, as far as he knows, there's no such thing, he had to resign himself.

This might not be important, but I though the thing with the lullaby was also interesting. Crow had never heard it in all the time since Emma died, an in the extra chapter in volume 2, Soleil and Sylvia's oldest son (from the life where Ilya gets sold to a brothel) mentions that Ilya seemed like no one had ever sung her lullabies. So where did she learn it?

Oh, and by this time, Crow has assimilated with the doll to the point where it's basically became a living body capable of physical reactions, and he speculates that he couldn't separate from it anymore even if he wanted to.

____
Source of the Spoiler :: Novel Updates Forum