Chapter 30

I avoided Aizawa almost perfectly, if I wasn't teaching I was in the middle of taking to a coworker. If I hadn't wanted coffee this wouldn't have happened, I wouldn't be sitting across from the man who has a choke hold on my life.
"So you just got back?" I ask trying to make this less awkward.
"Yeah, koya had to get back to work.." he said studying me.
"Oh, that's to bad." I say looking down at my cup. "Eri said you texted her." I say looking at him.
His face forms a frown. "Did she tell you what I said."
"What do you think?" I say rolling my eyes. I place my cup down and look at him. "You can see her when ever you want, im not keeping you from her."
"Then why does she never come over." He says in an accusing tone.
" she has her reasons, and if she wants to tell you them. she will." I say back.
"Do you know?"
"Yes."
"Then tell me."
"No." I say taking a sip from my cup, he rubs his eyes.
"Why not?" He says through his teeth.
"Because she hasn't said I can. I have to respect her wishes." I say sternly.
He takes out his phone and calls someone.
"Hey, Can you tell me why you don't want to come over?" He asks into the phone.
"No she didn't, she refuses to tell me." He answers.
He looks at me and hands me the phone. "She wants to talk to you."
I snatch the phone from him sending him a glare. "Hi sweetie."
"Can you tell him..."
"Is that what you want. You don't have too." I respond.
"Yeah.."
"Okay sweetie get back to your friends, we will talk when I get home." I hang up the phone throwing it at him.
"HOW DARE YOU!" I scream at him. I calm down lowering my voice"She is out with her friends right now. She sounded like she was about to cry on that phone. DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT HER FEELINGS?" I scream losing any composer I had.
"Of course I care. Now tell me why." He spits.
"the reason she hadn't want to tell you, was because she was trying to protect your feelings." I say rubbing my head.
"I don't care tell me!" He says frustration laced in his voice.
"KOYA." I shout at him.
"What.."
"She doesn't like koya." I say sitting back down.
"What do you mean?" He asks shocked.
"She doesn't like her, she makes her uncomfortable." I say exhausted from this chat. "Your fiancé is the reason."
"Are you sure those are really her feelings?" He asks in an accusing tone.
I look at him stunned by his question. "I hadn't even told her how I felt about koya. Until she told me how she felt." I take a deep breath. "I have never spoken Ill of either of you in front of her."
He looks sad for a moment then goes back to his usual frown. "How did you find out i proposed?"
"Yamada told me last night." I say getting up.
"First name now." He states.
"Yeah he asked me too." I say starting to walk out. "Look I want you to be happy, it's already hard enough to see you with her. Dont make me find out through other people." I leave him alone in the room I wipe away a stray tear, Then head home.

I open the door and see Eri just sitting on the couch. I close it and walk over to the couch giving her a big hug. "Want to talk about it?"
".. I just don't understand." She says looking up at me.
I sit down next to her. "Understand what?"
"Anything."
"I want you to try on just worrying about being a kid. I'll handle aizawa, okay?" I say rubbing her back.
She nods her head and excuses herself to go do homework. I walk to the kitchen and grab a bottle of wine and sit on the couch.
I take a swig from the bottle letting my thoughts run ramped. He's such a dick, just sat there with his stupid shiny black hair tied in a low bun. God don't get me started on that stupid ass frown on his face, Where he was flexing his jaw. I go to take another swig but it's empty.
"Just what I fucking needed to night." I throw myself back on the couch.
"Hey girl.." I hear Mina's voice behind me.
"Hey." I say throwing my hand up in a wave motion.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, just stupid aizawa with his stupid handsome face." I say glaring at the ceiling.
"Okay babe, that was a lot to unpack let's start from the beginning." She says sitting next to me.
"He thinks I'm keeping Eri from him. When really it's that fucking witch he's marrying." I say putting my hand through my hair.
"Wait he's marrying koya?" She asks surprised.
"Surprised, me too." I Say.
"I mean yeah, I always thought y'all would end up together. He's your lobster after all." She said.
"My lobster?" I ask looking at her.
"Lobsters mate for life and so.."
"You are such a dork. I love you." I say pulling her into a hug.
"Well im going to go to bed, but in sure things will work themselves out." She says waving goodbye.
I pull my knees to my chest for a moment, then look at the time, it's only 10 he should still be on patrol. I walk over to eris room to tell her goodnight.
"Hey sweetie, im going out for a bit. Auntie Mina is in her room if you need anything." I say giving her a kiss on the cheek.
I tell Mina im leaving then head over to aizawas section to patrol.
What am I doing.. I need help. I think to myself as I walk down the alleyway. I hear footsteps behind me and sigh.
"Hey pretty lady what are you doing out at this time of night." Scum one asked.
"Oh you know just on a stroll." I say not turning around.
"Why don't we join you?" Scum two asked.
"I would rather you not." I say as one of them grabs my arm.
"Well too bad we want to have some fun." Scum one said as he started walking closer to me.
I roll my eyes and use my quirk to make him stop and fall to his knees. I look at the one holding my arm. "I don't like to be touched. I'm sorry for the broken arm." I hear a snap and he screams. "Look I've had a tough day, and I really don't feel like dealing with this right now." I start to walk away. "And if you know what's good for you.. you won't mention this." I walk out of the alleyway and continue my way to where I believed Aizawa would be.

I use my telepathy quirk to search for his thoughts. Bingo, I walk toward the building he was on top of floating myself to the top.
I see him just hunched over the cup in his hand that I assumed was coffee.
I sneak up behind him. "Boo."
"FUCK." He screams jumping into a fighting position.
I bend over laughing at the sight in front of me. "You- haha.. -look- ahaha." I kept laughing till I almost cried.
"Laugh it up." He says rolling his eyes sitting back down. "What are you doing here?"
"Just wanted to talk." I say sitting next to him.
"You smell like wine." He states.
"Well I drank some so I'm not surprised." I say leaning back on my hands.
We sat in silence for a while. "When did things get like this." I say
"Like what?" He asked looking at the view of the city.
"Not being able to talk, or when we do it's fighting." I say looking at him.
"Well Taking me to court didn't make it better." He grumbled.
"No i adopted her, then you took me to court for custody." I say making sure the facts were right.
"Im still shocked how you won." He said.
"Eri wanted to live with me, and I had the room for her. that's how I won." I state.
We go back into silence.
"I didn't want that I hope you know." I whisper.
"I know." He says giving me a light smile.
"Ugh how did things get so messed up." I say laying down on the roof of the building. "One moment, I'm in love with you. The next I'm hearing from Yamada you are marrying koya."
"Dont do this to me." He says.
"Dont do what?" I ask.
"It took me 8 months to be able to try and move on from you." He says sighing. "Koya loves me... and I want to love her too."
"Well if that's what you want." I say quietly trying to keep my voice from shaking.
"God dammit Ivy why did you have to come here." He says pulling me up. "I was doing great, I am engaged to get married. I'm going to get a cat." He pulls me closer where we are inches apart. "Then you come around."
"I love you." I say tears falling from my face. "I know that's selfish of me to say.. but it's the truth."
"Oh yeah what about Yamada huh do you think I don't know y'all have been sleeping together?" He asks
I stay quiet unable to answer him.
"Ivy answer me. God dammit, if you really love me answer me."
"Yamada and I are just friends, we mess around every now and again to let off steam." I say crying.
"You are so selfish." He says pulling me in for a kiss.
"I know." I say throwing my arms around his neck.

This is only the beginning lots of drama to come