Chapter 34

Ivys pov:

I get home furious, I slam the front door shut. Who the fuck does he think he is, threatening to take me back to court.
"Ivy, honey. You are shaking the house, what's wrong?" Mina runs over to me.
"Fucking koya and her control over Aizawa." I spit.
"Well don't take it out on the house control yourself." Mina says in a hurry.
I take a deep breaths in and out to calm myself enough for my quirk to stop. "Sorry." I mutter going to the kitchen grabbing the whiskey.
"You have been drinking a lot lately." Mina points out.
"I've had a lot to drink about." I say pouring myself a glass.
" want to tell me what happened?" She asked grabbing a glass for herself.
"He threatened to take me back to court, because i told him koya won't be watching Eri." I say taking a sip of my drink.
"Why would she need to watch Eri? Also he knows he would lose right?" Mina asks.
"Aizawa and I are going on a mission, so we would need someone to look after her. I said I couldn't ask you, so Yamada will be watching her." I said drinking the rest.
"So how is this related to koya?"
"Koya is the one who put the idea to take me back to court..." I trail off glaring at the wall. "So that Eri can have a 'real family' its fucking bullshit Eri has a real family."
"What did you respond with?" Mina asks.
"I told him that he would lose, and that if he took me back to court. I wouldn't settle for 70-30, I would get full custody." I say taking a breath. "I think I got through to him when I said that."
"If he truly cares for Eri he won't let koya run his life." Mina adds.
"One can only hope."

"MOM IM HOME. Oh hey." Eri says walking in.
"Hey sweetie how was the movies?" I ask turning my attention to her.
"It was good. I'm going to take a shower and head to sleep, love you!" She says heading towards the bathroom.
"Does Eri know yet?" Mina asks me.
"No, Im going to have to tell her soon. Mission starts in a week." I respond putting my head down on the table.
"Well I'm going to bed... you are doing a great job." She says smiling at me. "With Eri i mean."
"Thank you." I say giving a tired smile. "That kid has been through hell. She deserves the world." I say smiling towards Eris room.
Mina goes to her room, I sit looking at the bottle of liquor. I pour a myself a glass swirling the liquid, I watch the brown liquid going in circles. I bring the glass to my lips, taking a breath before tilting the glass up. Feeling the liquor burn my throat on the way down. I get up and head to Eris room, I quietly open her door. I walk over to her bed taking a seat, I stroke her hair causing her to stir.
"Mom?" She says confused.
"Yes, honey. Sorry to wake you." I say pushing her hair out of her face.
"It's okay, what are you doing?" She says looking at me.
I take a deep breath. "Can you sit up?" I scoot back giving her room. "Im going away for a bit."
"On a mission?" She asks rubbing her eyes.
"Yeah.. you will be staying with uncle mic." I push my hair behind my shoulder.
"Oh okay." She says looking down.
I being my hand up to her chin tilting it up to look at me. "When I get back.. things might get difficult for a bit." I put my hand down taking a deep breath.
"Whats is it?" She looks at me confused.
I give her a smile. "I just want you to know I love you very much. No matter what."
"I love you too, but what's going on?" She presses.
I shake my head. "Nothing for you to worry about. Now try and go back to sleep." I say.
"Okay. Will you stay with me?"
"Of course." I give her a soft smile, helping her get back under the covers. I hum a lullaby till I hear her steady breaths. I get up walking to her door, I close it softly then head back to the kitchen to clean up.
*knock, knock*
I walk to the front door slowly looking through the peephole. For fucks sake.
"Why are you here?" I say opening the door.
"We need to talk." Koya says pushing her way in.
"Please come in." I roll my eyes closing the door. I follow koya to the couch, she looks around. Her eyes zeroing in on the bottle of whiskey on the counter.
"Do you drink in front of Eri?" She asks.
"Not that It's any of your business, but no I don't." I respond sitting down.
"Mmm, anyway that's not what I came here for. I want to talk about our situation." She says.
"And what situation would that be?" I ask.
"Shota and i will be getting married, and I believe it would be best for all parties involved." She flips her brown hair behind her shoulder. "That you should sign away your rights, and that I should adopted Eri."
I open my mouth to say something but bite my tongue letting her finish.
"And that you shouldn't be in contact with Shota or Eri. I think it would be easier.. for them to move on." She finishes a serious look plastered on her face.
"Excuse me?" I say in shock of what just came out of her mouth.
"Do I need to explain it more?" She asks rolling her eyes.
"I am going to give you one chance, and only one to take back what you just said." I say rubbing my hands on my skirt.
"Well I just think-"
"You just think?" I say laughing to myself. "Can you explain to me where in your mind. You though coming to MY house, and telling me this. Would be a good idea?" I say looking at her.
"Are you threatening me?" Koya asks with a smirk.
"No, if i was threatening you this." I say pointing between us. "Would look a lot different. No, i genuinely want to know."
"Well, you being in shotas life... is complicating things. Also i don't believe you are a fit mother." She says straight faced.
Im going to kill this bitch. I roll my eyes taking a deep breath. "Are you a judge? Are you a lawyer?"
"Well no, bu-"
"Okay, that's what I thought. You see i am a fit mother, and I don't need your input on the matter. On top of that, when I went to this thing called court. They granted me primary custody." I respond. She opens her mouth. "No it's my turn to talk. I don't care how my being in Aizawas life complicates shit for you." I take a deep breath. "I am her mother. maybe not by blood, but that child came to me. Asking me to be her mother." I stand up. "So the next time you come to my house telling me to sign away my rights. Remember this conversation and how i can make you disappear in a blink of an eye." I walk to the door opening it. "I think it's time for you to leave."
"I'm not done talking about this." Koya says loudly standing up.
"Watch your tone. If you wake my daughter, you will regret it." I say in an eerie calm tone.
"That sounds like a threat." Koya says.
"Koya, I don't think you understand who you are talking to. Do you know of the villian akeldama?" I ask walking towards her.
"Of course I do. Why does that matter?" She asks.
"Im his daughter." I say. I watch the color drain from her face. "Just because I decided to be a hero, does not mean I can't kill you where you stand. Remember that." I point toward the door. "You are alive because I let you. Don't make me change my mind." I clutch my hands grounding myself. I look back up at Koya. "Now once again, I think it's time for you to leave." I reiterate.
She nods walking out my door, I shut it behind her. I clean up the kitchen then go to bed, what a fucking day.

Shit crazy....