The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 1

A/N: This is book 2, if you wish to read the first novel in the series, go to my profile and look at The Crimson Claymore.

Chapter 1:

[Searon POV]

            Searon sat at the table at the elven chambers with his head in his hands. He felt his rough hair that had grown out quite a bit since the journey had begun. He looked up at his crimson and gold helmet, staring at his reflection. With his long hair and rough complexion he didn't look like the general he once was. No longer did he have a neatly trimmed goatee as now his face looked scruffy and unkempt. He ran his fingers through his tangled hair and pulled it hard, in an attempt to wake up from a nightmare. If it were only just a dream and he were still laying by Victoria in bed.

            When Elsargast got there, he focused, as the room got silent. The king had arrived. Searon looked around the room that held all the heroes of battle and importance. He saw Elsargast, Vil'ek, Anaela, Karceoles, Sh'on, Andron, Etherond, and Aliqua... She seemed the most out of place. She also looked odd there as the only one with a vast difference of appearance than anyone else. That didn't bother Searon in the slightest though. His problem was, why was an herbalist high on a war preparations meeting. There were also a few elves that Searon didn't recognize, but all seemed battle worthy.

            The room felt out of place without Starlyn there. She was one of the leading elves for decisions. Searon missed her; she had become a good friend of his. Not to mention in recent events of a war breakout, they could use her tactics and fighting. He only wish he knew where she was, and why she had to leave. It happened so suddenly.

            He began thinking of his brother. He wished he were there to help. There wasn't any time to reach him, even if they could, it would be too late by the time they got a hold of him.

            Elsargast coughed and laced his hands. "With recent events, you have all been asked here today to help with preparations. We are appointing leaders for various things, and any ideas to help will be considered. Andron, tell everyone what it was that you saw, so they may hear it from you."

            Andron looked surprised to be called on. He wiped the shock off of his face and cleared his throat. "Well as some of you know, I was attacking a..." he glanced to Karceoles.

            "Nacropis," Karceoles uttered. He stared at Andron awaiting the rest of the story.

            Andron continued, "It was more powerful than Phoenix and I. After he fell, I knew I wouldn't be able to defeat it myself. I was trying to buy time. I pulled out a container of burning oil out from my sash and drenched my sword and the rest I threw at the Nacropis. After using my striker to engulf my sword in flames, I continued to fight. After it caught aflame, it fled, as did I in an attempt to hide from the Necromancer. I couldn't leave right away. More Necromancers came and I heard them speak. They were talking about scorpions and trying to create more Nacropis."

            "More? How many more?" Karceoles demanded. Shock replaced his sorrow face.

            "An army," Andron stated. His face looked grim and a cold sweat covered his face.

            "What happened next? Tell us about the army you saw," Elsargast said.

            "After I was finally able to escape, I had to evade the whole way here. I'm surprised I was actually able to find it. A few hundred miles northeast of here there was a camp. It was larger than any camp I've ever seen. It was full of draeyk... all of them. There were daerions as well, almost as many. I almost ran into them and had to take an enormous detour to get around unnoticed," Andron said.