The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

[Starlyn’s POV]

            Starlyn could hear faint whispers in the dark that would have been unsettling before. Now it made her smile with pleasure because she knew the whispers were about her. Never before had an outcast of the Ikchani been brought up in the ranks so quickly. She had paid a high price for such recognition, and had the scars to prove it all across her body. They were healing now but much slower than it normally would take an elf. The fresh pain of whippings was still fresh in her mind. Despite her pain, a smile came upon her face; she would get back at those who had beaten her. It was the way of the Ikchani and they knew it was coming. Starlyn was no longer an elf… for there are no races as part of the Ikchani.

            She sat at her desk looking over paperwork and treaties on lands to take over. Strangely the Ikchani paperwork disregarded anything about the draeyks or daerions. It had stated that first they would take over the humans, one capital at a time, and then face the elves. Before she had willingly joined their ranks she wouldn’t have thought it possible for such an act to be completed. However, there were no longer any doubts in her mind. They had the power in their ranks and thousands of male slaves. The most impressive was their ranks of sorceresses that held no mercy. There was no mercy when the sorceresses visited her in her prison cell. The three women were determined to make Starlyn obey and with much foolish reluctance she finally bowed to the will of the Ikchani.

            There were three sorceresses that entered her cell and it felt like a lustful dream and nightmare mixed all into one. One had medium brown hair, another blond, and the leader’s hair was obsidian black. The three of them wore black collars around their neck with metal spikes all the way around. They also wore stainless boots with spikes on the sides that rose up past their knees. That was the extent of their armor and clothing as the rest of them was bare except for black wide fishnets that covered their entire body. The leader’s hands were bare; with blue fingernail polish flaunting on her nails while the other two wore red. She casually strode over to Starlyn darting her hazel eyes to inspect her from head to toe before smiling. Each held long wooden scepters with glowing glass balls at the tips.  Starlyn’s eyes marveled at the beauty of the woman’s curves. Every fragment of the woman’s body could be seen through the fishnets and Starlyn caught herself staring at the woman’s breasts that were only slightly smaller than her own.

            “I’ve heard you’ve been very naughty in this prison.” The sorceress with the black hair spoke softly rubbing her fingers together.

            “I will not be a slave to your will.”

            “Oh… but you will. We are the last three to convince you and if we fail… which we shall not… but if we do. The next to come in here will be the captain of our army. She will severe your head from its body and mount it to a spear for everyone to see what happens to those who resist us.”

            Starlyn gulped and felt the most fear she ever had that night. It seemed to her that the Ikchani were soulless. Shivers erupted down her body as she awaited her fate.

            The lead sorceress tipped her scepter at Starlyn and she felt a chilling energy circling around her before it entered her flesh. Every bone in her body felt as if they were about to break and she shrieked out in pain. Pythons appeared from nowhere and circled around Starlyn’s naked flesh. The rough scales sent shivers through her cowering body. Vibrations came from inside of her body that sprained bones in her wrists as well as ankles. Tears clouded her eyes and for the first time in so many years they trickled down her face.

            Her body was torn and helpless bleeding across the floor. Whip marks penetrated her skin from her shoulders down to her ankles. They had left her face untouched but with the magic now surging through her each wound opened and spilled blood. She couldn’t tolerate any more pain and after two weeks they had finally struck her breaking point.