The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

[Starlyn POV]

            Swirls of black and white clouding the mind made it hard for Starlyn to rest. Finally the black abyss transformed into a forest quickly passing by her. She didn’t feel exhausted as if she were running, but rather like the forest was coming towards her. Everything became a blur until it all stopped and she stood facing a stream of running water with lilies growing all around it. She slowly walked up to the stream picking a four leaf clover from a collection of three leaves. Holding it up to her mouth she gently kissed it before placing it in her sash.

            She had no idea where she was at but had an instinct to follow the flow of the stream. Strangely even though she was alone she did not feel uneasy. It felt as if she were meant to be there, perhaps she was meant to find something there. As she walked she stared in awe at the black and yellow butterflies fluttering about the air in front of her. A smile pushed at her lips as she held out her finger for a green dragonfly to land on. Its curious eyes stared back at her and she laughed. Suddenly frightened the dragonfly took off into the air.

            Blue jays and robins soared through the air singing perfectly in tune melodies with each other. They didn’t seem to care of the differences of one another but relinquished in the beauty of song. It reminded Starlyn of home where all the animals were loving and caring for another. That was something she hadn’t done in a long while, she needed to just relax and enjoy nature. It was something all elves did, all elves except Starlyn. Her world seemed twisted ever since the moment her sister turned. She never took the time anymore to enjoy the beauty of nature.

            Her mind wandered as she listened to the relaxing trickling of the steady stream against rocks. She realized that even though she had forgotten about all the beauties of nature being caught up in a world of fighting, the peacefulness of nature was what she was fighting for. It wasn’t just for her, not anymore, but for every one of the land. At first, it was all about her mother, and then it was soon all about her sister, but now it was about each person of Calthoria. If evil conquered the land, nobody would enjoy the simplicity of nature anymore. There would no longer be relaxing outside listening to the birds and streams. It would all be gone in a shattered memory.

            Finally her mind came back to reality as she saw the stream forking into a large calm pond. Near the back was a small waterfall from another stream above. There were large water lilies all across the water and frogs that hopped across them. The dragonflies found rest here as well as many scattered atop of lilies or dancing with each other in the air. Starlyn smiled and felt at home here. Somehow it felt better than home, almost magical.

            A large ripple formed near the edge of the pond by the waterfall as Starlyn stared intently at it. She felt like she should be afraid but the fear never came, and instead she took a step forward. Out of the ripple appeared a woman with dark sapphire hair. She rinsed her hair in the waterfall and stood up all the way exposing her bare chest. She turned and looked at Starlyn and smiled.

#

            Starlyn awoke as her head rolled into Snowflake’s paw. She shivered and realized she felt cold and cuddled up closer to the tiger. Her mind was still bewildered with the occurrences of the dream she had. Somehow it felt right, like it was the place she should be. She tried to stand up but quickly fell back to the ground in pain. Her head felt dizzy and a searing pain flowed through it. She also had a sharp pain in her lower stomach as she tried to remember what she had eaten. It was the first time she felt queasy and she didn’t care for it. Her symphony went to humans for being able to tolerate such endeavors.