The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

[Arria POV]

            Arria stopped abruptly and looked at her surroundings. A chill of bumps came across her skin and she vigorously rubbed her hands to her arms trying to rid the chill. She was far enough away from Sudegam to be safe now. Chills still ran down her spine at the thought of what she had accomplished. Finally, the torment and misery over the elves was over. Yet, she knew they still wouldn’t come to their senses having lived in such a way for so long. Not that it mattered anyway, as Zergiel’s plan was to destroy them all. Except her sister… no… she will find her sister and convince her to come with her.

            She knew that there wasn’t much time before they would attack the elf city. She had to get to Zergiel and let him know of her success. Her heart still raced from the intensity of being in the elven city. The experience she had with Vil’ek. She didn’t expect such feelings to still arise when she saw him. After all she was a mere elf when they were together and now she was so much more.  The connection still lingered and she wasn’t sure if it was a good thing or not.

            The memories of the past they shared came crashing back to her after facing him again. She remembered how they were engaged and so in love. That was before he was the king’s guard and had freedom of mind. A smile came across Arria’s face as she pictured him no longer being controlled by Elsargast, but by her. She could very well use a pet to do her bidding.

            After several minutes of walking and letting her thoughts catch up to her she noticed her breath was back to normal. If she planned on attacking soon she needed to hurry back to Zergiel with her news and his prize. Her surroundings became blurry as she sprinted through the forest at her top speed. Elves were fast runners but they hardly used their talent instead using a fast paced walk. Arria was even faster than the elves now though as her magic granted her even more speed and into a supernatural ranger.

            Her heart quickened in speed as she dodged trees and bushes in a foggy haze until she reached her designation. She came to a halt by the clearing where standing before her was an army full of draeyks and daerions. A smile cascaded to her lips as she walked through them. They quickly stepped away making a clear path for her to walk through. No longer did she have to run for she had made it. It was a magnificent sight of draeyks to her left and daerions on her right.

            Before she reached them they had been relentless and ready for battle starting fights and bullying each other, but now that she had arrived they were content and staring straight ahead past her.  Not one dared to look her way, for they knew that a wrong look would be the last look they would ever make.

            Halfway through the crowd Arria smiled as she saw a daerion staring at her. The rest kept true to avoiding her gazes but this one warrior couldn’t help but stare. She didn’t know if it was her beauty that was entrapping the daerion or the evil presence she brought, but it did not matter. She didn’t like the look he gave and there would be an example made of him.

            She stared cold into his eyes as she walked up to him with the rest of the daerions shivering in place doing their best to continue looking forward and not to their side where Arria now stood. She stopped in front of the daerion still smiling at his blank face. Her eyes blared red and its eyes seemed to get lost in hers and it began to look dizzy. Without a word she snatched a dagger from her sash and uppercut it straight through its jaw and watched in fascination as it crashed to the ground. The others didn’t dare move as their companion fell onto them and they let the body slide off their bodies where it crumbled on the ground.

            “Arria, you have returned!” Zergiel yelled from the red tent where his head poked out.

            “Yes, my lord.” Arria responded glancing to him now.

            “Please, come in and tell me of your journey.” He said disappearing back into the tent.

            She nodded and continued down the open path to the tent. Before going in she took one last look behind her to notice no others dared look her way. A smile bounced back on her lips as she saw the back of all their heads.

            The tent was dark as she stepped in as the only light that lit it were three black candles that purple flames rose from.  The three candles sat on a desk in the middle of the tent where Zergiel now sat. She bowed before him before continuing to walk to the dark wizard.

            “Have you completed your task Arria?” Zergiel asked hopeful.

            “Yes my lord.” Arria responded walking slowly towards him.

            When she got to his desk she knelt down on her knee and removed the golden sword from her sash. Raising her head up, she placed the sword on the desk in front of Zergiel. Instantly Zergiel rose to his feet with the king’s sword in his hand stroking the blade.

            “Brilliant.” Zergiel said, “Elsargast’s sword… now it belongs to me.”

            Arria stood to her feet watching the wizard with interest. She knew he possessed dark powers and he rage was beyond recognition towards the elves, but for what reason she did not know.  He claimed the sword and put it in his own scabbard tossing his own sword aside.

            “Well done Arria.” He remarked.

            Zergiel edged closer to Arria now a gleam in his eye that she had not seen before. There seemed to be something going on in his head that Arria could not place and it worried her. Most people she was able to figure out right away, but this dark wizard even she could not figure out.

            He stood in front of her now, only inches from her face and so close that his cold breath was sending shivers down her body. Two of his fingers brushed across her cheek finding their way to her lips. His eyes locked with hers for a moment and now she noticed what it was that possessed him.

            Lust.

            It was disgusting that even a wizard as dark and powerful as him was still controlled by the manly nature of lust. She often had the same thoughts, but she kept them in her mind where they were safe. If she would not she knew she would be weak for letting such emotions loose. It was not as weak of an emotion as love, but still weak nonetheless. If she would release the amount of lust she had built up, it wouldn’t be safe for anyone. As an elf such thoughts are looked down upon even though she often had them, but with dark magic it only made things worse, as it gave her the darker thoughts of her mind.

            She shook her head from her thoughts, knowing that if she stayed on the subject for too long that she would give in and let Zergiel have her. What would happen then? If Zergiel could have her so easily than how much need would she prove to be for him? No, this is something she must end.

            His lips were mere inches from hers now as she felt the handle of her dagger tightly in her hand. Quickly she brought it up in a fluid motion so her blade rested against the bottom of Zergiel’s neck. A smile found her lips as fear replaced lust in Zergiel’s eyes.

            “Now my lord, may I remind you, we have more pressing matters to attend to.” Arria whispered.

            Zergiel slightly nodded and Arria released the dagger placing it back in her sash. A few locks of his gray beard tumbled to the floor having been cut by her dagger. With a large gulp going down Zergiel’s throat he left the tent, leaving Arria’s smile the only thing lit by the candlelight.

            Arria followed him outside the bright sun nearly blinding her vision until she had time to adjust. Zergiel stood before her after getting the attention of his army. He walked a few steps closer to her and put his mouth by her ear.

            “The necromancers are not yet ready with the nacropis’…  I want you to start the attack with this army. Weaken their defenses, destroy their hopes.” Zergiel smirked.

            “It shall be done my lord.” Arria nodded.