The Obsidian Arrow: Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

[Starlyn POV]

            Cold and dark were the only thoughts traveling through Starlyn’s mind as she finally came back to. Her head hurt badly and she felt dried blood on the back of her skull. Her stomach rumbled in hunger as she searched around for anything she could eat. Her hands were bound in chains but her feet were left free. She had been stripped of her armor and she sat there in only her leather bra and under garments.  She was thankful that it was not yet winter, but it was coming soon. Her hammer, throwing stars, and daggers were all gone and she felt helpless without them.

            She felt dizzy as she stood up and tried to see what all was in the prison. It seemed to be only her but she saw movement in the darkness. Chills ran down her spine and bumps across her arms as she backed up.

            “Is anyone there?” She asked with her back to the wall.

            A few coughs echoed in the distance and startled Starlyn. Coming out of the complete dark was a muscular man wearing nothing but cloth over his groin. His muscles were toned and he was very tan, a very attractive strong man. His hands were bound with chains and he looked afraid.

            “Where are we?” Starlyn asked.

            “There is a rumor of the Amazons… female warriors… it is a campfire tale… it’s not supposed to be true.” He whispered.

            “I’ve never heard of such a thing. Why have you been captured?” Starlyn asked.

            “Isn’t it obvious? They have brought me here to help populate… several women have already visited me… and I’m afraid they’ll keep coming until I’m dead.” He said.

            “There is no release to this prison?” Starlyn asked.

            “Not for me, these women… are like praying mantis’, spiders, using men only for reproducing.” He shivered.

            “What if they give birth to a boy?” Starlyn asked.

            “The rumor is that there seldom is a boy child born to them. What they do to the ones that are… is something I would rather not find out.” He said.

            “Why am I here?” Starlyn whispered.

            Looking at the human she could tell why these Amazon women chose to capture this man for reproduction. He seemed the perfect candidate, strong and brave, for their army of women warriors. She remembered in hazy detail of the women that captured her… and a name… Kelly.

            The man’s eyes seemed to widen after examining her. “You’re an elf…”

            She uncovered her ear more by wrapping her hair behind her long sharp ear. Feeling as it was longer than her hand and sharp at the tip, almost sharp enough to hurt slightly pressing against it. The man seemed in disbelief as he stared at her.

            “What is your name?” Starlyn asked.

            “Frederick.” He stated.

            “Mine is Starlyn. We must find a way out of here, have you noticed any exit?” She asked.

            “There is nothing…” Frederick said turning away.

            Voices in the distance cause them to be silent and Frederick to hide back in the shadows. Starlyn gulps as the creek of a door opens. Four women step into the dark cold gray room holding candles. Three of them walk towards Starlyn while the fourth stares into the darkness that holds Frederick.  Of the three there were two blonds and the same redhead that Starlyn remembered… Kelly. The woman that was responsible for the dried blood at the back of Starlyn’s head.