A Strange Pact

Nejis pov

I clung to shikamarus shirt as we left the bedroom and walked to the dining hall. I felt really nervous but I knew this was something that I had to do. I can't hide forever!

We walked into the dining hall and I was met with the most colourful cast of people talking and laughing together. I would have expected them to look like shikamaru if their part of his clan. How strange.

"what a strange pack" I muttered softly.

"Well we're not all related" shikamaru explained "the hyuga clan has a nasty habit of killing off any clans who they feel are a threat to them. We're the survivors of those slaughtered clans"

"that's awful" I looked up at him sadly. It's no wonder he held such hate in his eyes when we first met.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when shikamaru dragged me to the table.

"everyone this is neji. He's going to be living with us so I want you all to make him feel comfortable"

"it's wonderful to meet you all" I bowed like my father had taught me to do when I meet strangers.

"wow he's so polite" one of them muttered, clearly impressed.

"hi there" a blond haired boy jumped up to his feet "I'm naruto Usamaki. Shikamarus best friend!"

"no my best friends choji" shikamaru pointed out.

"it's true I am" choji muttered as he munched on some crisps.

"then I'm his second best friend!"

"that's ino"

"am I at least your third best friend!?"

"eh pretty sure nejis leaning more that way" shikamaru shrugged.

"but you only met him yesterday!" naruto yelled.

"and he's still less troublesome than you" shikamaru rolled his eyes. I watched them nervously. Is this normal!?

"how about we get you seated for breakfast hon" a girl with twin buns said kindly.

"thank you" I smiled as she placed a plate of food in front of me.

"it's incredible that you managed to steal from the dreadful hyuga clan shikamaru. You showed such youthful energy that night" a tall boy in green said excitedly.

"it was nothing. I couldn't just let you guys starve" shikamaru shrugged.

"let's here it for shikamaru!" choji yelled as he raised a glass. We all raised our glasses and cheered.

I also raised a glass. I really like these guys. Their kind and funny too! I don't know what I was so scared of-

"nii-chan!"

I recognised that voice. I turned around to see my very own hinata standing behind me with tears in her eyes.

"hinata!" I ran up and hugged her. She's really here. I never thought I'd see her again.

"hold on do you know hinata" naruto gasped.

"yeah she's my cousin" I explained.

"oh that makes sense. You guys do look alike" a boy with a dog commented.

"I'm so happy to see you" hinata said with tears in her eyes "when sakura told me that she saved an omega from a deep wound last night but I never thought it would be-" she suddenly paused and turned to shikamaru "shikamaru how dare you hurt my cousin like that!"

"it's ok hinata. We've settled it" shikamaru tried to explain.

"Well you haven't dealt with me!"

The two of them began to argue with one another. I got frightened and ran off to hide under the covers. I guess I couldn't handle it after all..