Snooping And Arguments

Shikamarus pov

I walked upstairs towards my son nekus room. I needed a little help with the gardening and thought It would be perfect for some father son bonding.

"Neku I need some help with the-" I stopped when I realised that the room was empty. My eyes landed on the photo album and smiled. I wonder what kind of photos the little guy snapped up?

I flipped though the album and chuckled slightly at the adorable photos. Each photo practically screamed personality. My kid really has a talent! My smile faded once my eyes landed on a picture of sasiko kissing the neighbours boy.

A million questions ran through my mind. Why is my baby girl kissing a boy? Why is there a photo of it? Why did neku not tell me about this!? I'm getting to the bottom of this!

I marched downstairs where neku and sasiko were colouring.

"what is this?" I shoved the photo in sasikos face. Her face turned pale.

"daddy you looked through my photo album!" neku yelled angrily.

"we'll talk about that later Neku" I shrugged him off "now tell me why you're kissing the neighbours boy!

"kissing the neighbours boy!" neji gasped.

"obviously he's my boyfriend" sasiko rolled her eyes.

"boyfriend!" I yelled in disbelief "your way too young for a boyfriend!"

"I'm mature for my age" sasiko argued.

"oh don't give me that crap-"

"shikamaru why don't you calm down before you say something you'll regret" neji said calmly.

"no!" I yelled "sasiko I forbid you to see this boy again"

"t-thats not fair!" sasiko yelled.

"I don't care about fairness" I shook my head "trust me kid you'll thank me for this one day"

"this is all my fault" neku burst into tears "everyone's fighting because of me" he ran off in tears.

"I hope you're happy dad" sasiko said with tears in her eyes "you never were able to take me seriously!" she ran out the door.

I looked over at neji who was given me a disapproving look.

"don't look a me like that" I sighed "two of my kids already hate me. I don't need my husband judging me too"

"I have good reason to judge you" neji folded his arms "you snooped though our sons things and yelled at our daughter without seeing things from her perspective"

"what are you ok with sasiko dating at her age!" I yelled.

"no but I certainly wouldn't have banned her from seeing the boy ever again!" he yelled back.

"I had to. He would have ended up hurting her" I muttered.

"you really think that naruto and sasukes boy that we've known since he was a newborn is capable of hurting our daughter" neji raised a eyebrow.

"oh come on neji any boys capable of hurting the person they claim to love. You know that" I tried to reason with him.

"yes but I also know that if given the chance that boy can be the best thing that ever happened to you" he wrapped his arms around my neck "but now both our kids have ran away in tears because of your actions. Would you really call that a success?" neji glared at me.

"no" I sighed "I'll go talk to sasiko"

"thank you" he kissed me on the nose "I'll go put the dinner on and then check on our son. Please don't take too long bringing her home"

"I won't" I gently kissed him on the lips "goodbye love" with that I walked away.

Right time to take my kid home!