Talking Over A Game Of Shoji

Shikamarus pov

I ran down to the nearby sake bar. I knew she'd be there. That's where her auntie hinata works. She always goes to her when she's upset.

I reached the bar and as I suspected she was crying in her auntie hinatas arms. Hinata looked up at me and glared.

"just give me a moment honey. I have someone I need to talk to" hinata muttered softly to the girl.

"ok" she hiced. I hate seeing her this way.

Hinata marched up to me "I heard what you did to sasiko" she folded her arms "shame on you! You should know better than anyone what it's like to have your lover kept away from you by disapproving family members"

"oh please hinata that's different" I groaned "me and neji were adults when we fell in love. Sasikos only thirteen!"

"yeah but this love feels real to her" hinata said softly "it's unfair to stop her from experiencing love"

"but you gotta understand my frustration" I tried to reason with her "she's my little girl. I just want to hold her and keep her safe from anyone who might hurt her"

"Well if there's one thing I understand it's overprotectiveness" hinata giggled before smiling gently at me "go talk to her shikamaru. I would hate for you to lose your daughters trust over this"

I nodded greatfully before sitting opposite sasiko.

"go away" she wiped some angry tears away "I have nothing to say to you!"

"I know you're angry at me and maybe I overreacted a bit but can we please talk about this. Maybe over a game of shoji" I pulled out the shoji bourd with a hopeful smile.

She sighed "fine let's talk about it"

*time skip*

"sasiko I mean what I said about you being too young to date" I said as I moved a piece forward "your only thirteen. I didn't experience love till I met your mother"

"I'm not stupid dad" she distroyed one of my pieces "I know what love feels like. And maybe it's not going to last but I'd like to give it an honest go"

"but what if this boy hurts you?" I distroyed one of her pieces.

"saruto?" she pushed one of her pieces forward "he wouldn't hurt a fly dad. You know that"

"you don't know what boys in relationships are willing to do" I pushed my piece back.

"Well in that worse case scenario I can handle myself" she distroyed one of my pieces "I'm a strong fighter. Any boy who messes with me would get a gentle fist to the face"

I chuckled "I'm glad to hear you say that sweetheart. It makes me feel alot better about all this"

"I'm glad" she took out my last piece "I win by the way"

"ah so you did" I sighed. I probably should have been paying more attention to the game "alright kiddo let's get you home. Your mother's worried about you"

"alright" she nodded.

Sasiko gave her auntie hinata one last hug before walking home hand in hand with me. I smiled at her. It's good to have my little girl back.