Passing The Academy

Sasikos pov

I woke up with a smile on my face. Yesterday I managed to pass the exam. It was a pretty close call too...

*flashback*

I chased down the man who had my passing grade strapped to his chest. I have to catch him if I want to pass this class.

"five minutes left"

I gasped. Five minutes! I have to speed things up!

I dropped down and used my shadow possession jitsu on him. I made him walk up to me. As I reached out to grab the grade however I was hit with an electric shot.

"hehe did you really think it would be that easy little girl" he chuckled.

I suppose I should have expected as much. I was stuck for a moment before an idea came to mind. I brought out my gentle fist and got past the electrical jitsu. The passing grade is mine!

"congrats kid. That was some quick thinking" the man smiled at me.

I let out a sigh of relief. I've really passed.

*end of flashback*

My family went crazy when they heard the news. They threw me a party and everything. I'm lucky to have such supportive people in my life.

I stood in front of the mirror and put on my headband. I couldn't help but smile a bit. I really made it.

I walked downstairs to find my dad making breakfast for a change.

"shikamaru you really don't have to do this" mom giggled.

"of course I do. It's your birthday after all" he smiled lovingly.

"I know. I can't believe I'm thirty" mom muttered.

"I know. Time sure does fly" dad wrapped his arms around mom's waist and kissed him as he placed his food down.

"sasiko mom and dad are being gross again" kimari complained.

"don't be so immature kimari" I rolled my eyes.

"hey I'm not immature. Your just too mature for your age!"

I shook my head at her before walking up and hugging my mother "happy birthday mom"

"oh thank you baby and congratulations on passing the exam. I'm so proud of you" mom squished my cheeks.

"yeah that headband sure dose suit you kiddo" dad smiled at me.

"thank you both" I smiled at them "now I must head to class-"

"oh no you don't" mom folded his arms "you are eating breakfast this time"

"fiiiine" I sighed as I took a seat. Dad placed the pancakes down in front of me and kissed the top of my head.

"sissy look I made a smiley face with the surup" neku showed off his pancakes proudly.

"that's very nice neku" I petted his messy long hair "now eat up"

"ok" he said brightly before munching on his pancakes.

I ate my pancakes as quickly as possible before rushing out to class.