Training Grounds

Nejis pov

I walked onto the training grounds as nerves filled my stomach. I agreed with shikamaru that I should train with Lee to become a taijitsu master. I couldn't quite say no after he was so encouraging but now I'm starting to have regrets. Maybe it's not too late to run away-

"neji my good friend you are here" I turned around to see Lee's excited face. Standing behind him was tenten, another girl who lives with us.

"tenten your part of Lee's team?" I gasped.

"you bet your biscuits I am!" she winked at me "Lee's told me all about the potential he thinks you have. I hope you don't disappoint"

I smiled nervously. Oh god why'd she have to put so much pressure on me!

"now neji the best way to test one's abilities is to push them in battle. So let us fight!" Lee got into a fighting stance.

"uhh you want to fight me now" I muttered nervously.

"of course" Lee grinned "have at yee!"

I got into a fighting stance. I didn't think they'd want me to fight so soon. Good thing I got those lessons from hinata..

*flashback*

"you want me to teach you the hyuga clans gentle fist" hinata muttered in disbelief.

"yes" I nodded firmly "I'm learning how to fight and your the only other hyuga so I'm hoping that you can teach me something"

"I don't know nii-chan. I've never been a very strong hyuga" hinata sighed.

"now what is this nonsense!" sakura burst through the door and cupped hinatas face "hinata what have I told you? You are as strong as any other hyuga and do you know why?"

"because I always try my hardest" hinata mumbled.

"that's right!" sakura smiled at her "now just teach neji something. The kids practically begging you!"

"ok" she turned to me with determination in her eyes "let's start your training!"

*end of flashback*

I'll have to thank her later. Right now I have to show them what I got!

Lee charged at me and jumped in the air for a high kick. I blocked it with my fist. He landed on his feet with an impressed grin.

"not bad my friend but can you handle this!" he sent a fury of punches my way. I expertly dodged them and gentle fisted him in the stomach.

He doubled over in pain. I smirked thrumpantly. That is until a felt a Kunai cut my cheek. I turned around to see tenten grinning with nunchucks in her hands.

"your pretty good kid. Mind if I join in?" before I could answer she launched a chain at me. I managed to dodge it but got punched in the back by Lee.

Now I had to deal with attacks on both sides. There's only so long I can dodge. How can I finish this quickly? Suddenly an idea came to mind. I ducked once tenten threw her chain, resulting in it hitting Lee square in the face!

"oh my gosh Lee I'm so sorry" tenten gasped.

I charged at her, my gentle fist activated. She blocked my attacks with her pole. I used my Byakugun to find an opening and hit her. She double over in pain. I had won.

I fell to my knees in exhaustion. Lee and tenten immediately ran to my side.

"neji are you ok?" they asked worriedly.

"yes just tired" I said breathlessly "I'm afraid I only started learning the hyuga style last week from my cousin so I'm not used to it's power"

"you only started learning the hyuga style last week!" tenten gasped "but neji that fight was incredible!"

"indeed" Lee nodded "you are a natural born fighter. It is a crime that you didn't start training sooner"

I teared up slightly.

"hey are you alright hun" she looked at me worriedly "Lee! Your insensitive comment clearly upset him!"

"no its not that. Its just that my whole life I've been told that I'm weak and pathetic. It's nice to hear someone complement my strength for once" I wiped my tears away with a smile.

"aww of course" tenten hugged me "this team is full of badasses and your part of this team now neji hyuga!"

"that is right" Lee flashed me a thumbs up "you are a valued member of this team. I can't imagine two other people I'd rather fight alongside"

"Well spoken my dear pupils!"