Surprise Celebrations

Nejis pov

I was led into a room with a blindfold on. I considered using my Byakugun to see where their leading me but decided against it. I'm sure they want this to be a surprise.

"alright neji you can take off the blindfold" I heard shikamaru say. I took it off and was greeted with the most beautiful party decorations.

"what is this" I gasped.

"it's a party to celebrate you getting into your own team" ino explained "shikamaru came up with the idea and even planned it himself"

I turned to shikamaru in surprise. He looked away bashfully.

"I leave you two alone" ino smirked before running off to her boyfriend sai.

We stood in awkward silence for a moment..

"thank you for the party" I smiled at him.

"oh it was nothing" he smiled awkwardly "I like your hair" he pointed to my hair that was now in a fancy ponytail (basically like the cover of this book!)

"oh thank you. Ino did it for me" I said.

"seems like inos doing alot of stuff for us" shikamaru muttered.

"huh?"

"it's nothing" he said quickly "do you want to dance?"

"I'm afraid I don't know how to dance" I mumbled nervously.

"neither do I. Let's learn together" he held out his hand with a smile. I blushed slightly.

What a lovely smile.

I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor. He held me close as we ballroom danced together. We stepped on each others toes a few times but other than that we were fine.

I felt a strange feeling in my chest as he held me close. It was like butterfly's in my stomach and fireworks in my heart at the same time. I couldn't believe it.

Holy god I think I'm falling for him!