Day Before The Academy

Kimaris pov

One year later

I let out a sigh as I stared down at the village from up above the rooftop. Just one more day of freedom and I'll be forced to attend the academy and become a shinobi. What an absolute drag!

"mm you know these burgers aren't as good as they advertised" my best friend and neighbour boruto muttered as he threw the half eaten burger into a nearby thrashcan.

"I told you you wouldn't like it dummy" I rolled my eyes "maybe try listening to me next time"

"hey don't treat me like an idiot!" boruto yelled "it's good to try new things. At least I'm not sticking to the same boring things like you!"

"yep and look who's enjoying a delightful burger while you're left with nothing" I held the burger in his face with a smug grin.

"tch whatever" boruto turned his back to me with a pout. I chuckled. Man he can be so childish sometimes.

"hey there's a kid getting picked on over there" boruto pointed to an empty alleyway. I took a peak and sure enough there was there were three boys surrounding a smaller boy with a black ponytail.

"huh so there is" I muttered "oh well. Serves him right for walking down a suspicious looking alleyway by himself" I turned to walk away

"you can't be serious" boruto yelled in disbelief "we gotta help him"

"you go help that kid if you want boruto. Jumping in to be the hero just isn't my style" I muttered as I leaned against the wall.

"grr fine!" he yelled as he jumped down to save the kid like the reckless idiot he is. He of course beat those guys to a pulp. I guess being the son of the hokage and an Uchia has its perks!

"thank you for your kindness sir" the boy bowed politely.

"no problem. You can't just let jerks do whatever they want" boruto grinned.

"ok boruto since you seen busy looking after that helpless boy I'll just go home without" I chuckled.

"go on ahead. Your pretty useless anyway" boruto grumbled.

I chuckled as I ran off home. I've got off pretty easy. I didn't even have to take boruto home. I love it when things work out for me!

I reached my house and was about to swing open the door when I met face to face with my father.

"come with me" he said with a serious expression "there's something I want to talk to you about"

I followed after him nervously. Am I in trouble?