A Talk With The Little Man

Sarutos pov

I ran down the nearby alleyway with a goal in mind. Bringing neku back home! I had an idea of where he was. When we were kids we built a fort made up blankets and pillows at the entrance of the forest and neku loved it. It's rundown at this point but I bet that's where he is.

I reached the entrance of the forest and just as I thought neku was there, cuddled under some soggy blankets.

I bent down to his level "hey there little man"

"saruto!" he gasped before tearing up slightly "you must hate me now too huh?"

"hate you?" I tilted my head in confusion "why on earth would I hate you!"

"because I ruined everything!" he yelled "daddy saw my picture of you and big sis kissing and know he won't let you two see each other anymore!"

"Well that's news to me" I muttered "anyway that doesn't matter right now. You have to go home little buddy. Your families really worried about you"

"I can't" he sniffled "I feel too guilty. Daddy hates you now so big sis can't be happy with you anymore"

"that's not true!" he looked up in surprise "it's true that your old man hates my guts but that just means that I'll have to work harder to get his blessings. Love always finds a way. No matter the obstacles"

"so everything is going to be ok?" he wiped his tears away.

"of course little man" I scooped him up into my arms "now let's get you back home"

*time skip*

I walked into sasikos house with neku in my arms. Once I walked inside I was greeted by the worried faces of the nara family.

"I've looked all over for him but I can't-" Mr nejis eyes landed on neku and he scooped him up into his arms "oh my baby. Your really safe"

"sorry for running away mommy" neku mumbled.

"it's ok darling. As long as you're safe now" he kissed his head and walked away with the boy in his arms.

Mr nara came up to me with a smile "you brought my son back to me. I owe you alot son" he patted my shoulder "take care of my daughter" with that he walked away.

I turned to sasiko with a grin. I've actually got the old man's blessing. She's finally mine.