Our Little Girl

Shikamarus pov

I was sitting in a meeting room while naruto pleaded his case on why he'd be a good hokage when the phone rang.

"hello" one of the kages picked it up. His face Immediately turned sour "it's for you" he held it out to naruto "you know it's very unprofessional to have your boyfriend call you around this time"

"oh of course sir" narutos face turned red as he picked up the phone "babe I know you love me and all but you can't call me when I'm in the middle of-oh I see" his face suddenly turned pale "y-yeah I'll tell him. Love you. Bye" he hung up the phone and walked up to me.

"shikamaru nejis in labour at the moment. He's just after getting attacked by the head of the hyuga clan" naruto whispered to me.

My eyes widened "we have to go!"

"agreed" naruto nodded before turning to the kages "I'm sorry but we're going to have to reschedule this. Something terrible has happened to our friend"

"very well. Best of luck" they waved us away.

We ran out the door with worry in our hearts. Please let them be ok!

*time skip*

I rushed into the nurses office to find neji sitting up in bed with a gentle smile on his face. I noticed the bandages around his shoulder and immediately teared up.

"neji!" I wrapped my arms around him and cried on his shoulder "I'm so sorry darling. I should have been there to protect you. I should have never let that monster touch you!"

"it's ok shikamaru I'm fine now" neji said softly "now be careful silly. You're going to crush our baby"

"the baby?" I pulled away to see the most beautiful baby in nejis arms. She didn't look real. More like some kind of fagil doll.

"she's so tiny" I whispered "can I hold her?"

"of course. She's your baby too" he handed our daughter to me. I gently cradled her in my arms.

"hey sasiko" I muttered softly to the girl "I'm your daddy. I'm sorry I let you get hurt baby girl. I promise daddy will protect you from now on" I gently kissed her forehead. Neji lay his head on my shoulder. Everything was peaceful until..

"oh my gosh shikamaru your baby is so cute" ino squealed. I looked up to see that my whole clan had squeezed into the nurses office. What the hell is wrong with these people!

"yeah. You did good buddy" choji gave me a thumbs up.

"your baby is cute neji but I bet mine will be cuter!" Lee yelled.

"should we really be comparing babies?" garra asked.

"silly garra" Lee shook his head "We are men. Men compete with everything!"

"you're an idiot" tenten rolled her eyes.

I looked down at my husband and daughter with a sigh. So much for getting some alone time with them!