🕯20

Once more...Lee Knows heart dropped and his worked seemed to have slowed down. The entire drive to the hospital seemed as though he was just getting farther away.

Han was passed out in the passenger seat. He would start seizing every few minutes. Lee Know tried to focus on the road but it was hard when his entire life was lying next to him in pain.

"Hold on just a little longer. A few days of calling you mine is not nearly long enough. Please." He was fighting back his tears.

Once he reached the hospital he quickly stopped the car at the ER bay.

He got out and ran inside to let them know he was there.

Once back outside he opened the door of his neighbors car and picked up Han. The doctors and nurses helped place him on a gurney and take him inside.

Hans doctor was taking a look at him. "I'll have to take a deeper look at him in the operating room. Call his mom. She should be here." The doctor stated leaving Lee Know at the entrance of the surgical rooms where he wasn't allowed to go.

"Operating room?!?!" He yelled not understanding why they would have to take him there.

He tried calming himself down by taking deep breaths. It wasn't working so he acted calm and called Hans mom.

-

A little over an hour later Hans mom came running through the doors of the hospital.

"Wheres my son?!" She yelled as Lee Know grabbed her and stopped her. He quickly held her in a hug to calm her down.

Tears soaked her cheeks and she was panicking.

After she calmed down Lee Know released his grip and she stepped back looking up at him. She had a whispered scared tone to her voice. "Where's my son." She was trying tmot to cry and Lee Know could tell.

"He's still in there." Was all Lee Know could say as he pulled her into another hug for her comfort.

"What happened? You said you'd take care of him? Why didn't you take care of him?" She was taking her anger out on Lee Know and he knew that. But deep down the words really affected him. Because he did believe this was all his fault.

-

A few hours later the doctor came out from the operating rooms.

Lee Know and Hans mom quickly stood up and walked over to him.

Before they could bombard him with questions he started informing them what happened.

"First off I do want to clarify that this was a mistake on our end. Lee Know actually handled Han very well. And took great care of him. So please don't think it's his fault ok?" That was directed at Hans mom. "He'll be fine." Once they heard those words they both took a deep breath like the whole world was just lifted off of their shoulders.

"When we closed him up from the surgery on his ribs. It was not done properly. One of the assisting nurses didn't clean his wound well enough after the stitching was finished. So he got an infection. It started to take over his ribs and it reached his lungs and traveled far too quickly for us to understand. I went in a cleaned everything up. I closed him up and stitched and cleaned him myself this time. I will personally be taking care of his wound while he is still here. We will also be putting him on medicine to help keep the pain out and help fight off any infection that I may have missed." The doctor finished as he saw the enraged look that took over Hans moms face.

Just as she was going to start yelling and attacking the doctor, he said, "the nurse responsible was immediately fired. So please don't worry about him. All precautions and the safety of our patients is a number one priority for us. If you would like to continue with a law suit then I will not stop you. It's your choice. And I believe you have every right." The doctor knew he was buttering her up to avoid the law suit but he did genuinely care for Han so he was being honest about firing the nurse.