Chapter 32

Hindi magkamayaw ang mga kaklase ni Zandreaj paglabas nila ng backstage. Gaya kahapon ay dinumog ang dalaga ng crowd para magselfie sa kanya. Hindi makalapit si Blyther dito. Nagkasya nalang ang binata sa panunuod sa dalaga na matyagang pinagbibigyan ang mga instant fans nito habang nagaayos ulit para naman sa Awards Night bukas ng gabi. Lahat ng mga nanalo sa iba't ibang competitions mula nung unang araw ay bukas pormal na gagawaran ng kanilang mga awards and prizes.

Tulog sa lounging chair si Blyther pagpasok nya ng office nito. Umupo si Zandreaj sa carpet katabi ng lounging chair, yumakap at inihilig ang dibdib sa binata. Hinapit naman sya ni Blyther sa baywang ng maalimpungatan mula sa pagkakaidlip. Tumingala si Zandreaj sa lalaki at ngumiti, he smiled back sweetly and closed his eyes again.

"You were amazing back there para kang nagconcert." Sabi ni Blyther habang nakapikit.

"Yeah, I was surprised with the crowd's response to me."

"They loved the pool player Zz and they even love more the singer Zz."
So, are there more surprises you have for me? You always caught me surprised with your acts Mine. It even made me realize how busy I am that you could prepare and pull your plans without me having even a very little hint."

"I'm good at things like that." Tumawa si Zandreaj.

"Yeah, I agree. Mine...?" Tawag ni Blyther.

"Yes Vyb?"

"I am happy with what you are doing. Nothing else would make me happy but watching you doing great things out of your self while enjoying your craft."

"Thank you. I am happy too, not just because of my accomplishments but because I was able to lift myself up and make myself worthy of you."

"What do you mean worthy of me? Are you doing these things because you think you're not worthy of me?"

Tumingin lang si Zandreaj sa mga mata ng binata.

"Mine what made you think you're not worthy of me? Bakit may ganun?"

"I was on my worst when you found me. I myself could not even love the person I was during those days."

"But I loved you."

"Yeah, you learned to love me at my worst that's why you deserve the best version of me. I want to show you what your love has done to me. That you brought back the original version of this lost and miserable woman before. That your love has taught me to be inlove with myself again."

"Thank you for that, but please bear in your mind that my love for you has no requirements nor standards, if I love you at your best, I would surely love you more at your worst."

"But I want you to feel how different it is to love me with my best version. Unlike before na you would always look after me to be sure you'll be there once you saw me hopeless and devastated so you could comfort me. I was more of a burden to you then."

"But I loved that. I love the feeling when I make you feel good whenever things go wrong with you. I love it whenever I could give you the comfort you need. Because you know why? I could also rest on you. The best feeling always is when you are enclosed my arms it makes me feel better and free. So don't you ever think you are a burden to me when you need me to comfort you because that's a lie."

"Whatever. I would still work on making myself worthy of you."

Umupo ng tuwid si Blyther at tinitigan ng diretso sa mata si Zandreaj.

"Mine this is just me. No one is unworthy of me as long as I love the person."

"But it would only make me feel better to be belonged to you if I know I am worthy of you."

"Stop with that worthy thing. There is no such thing as worthy in our relationship. Mine I love you, and that's enough to make you worthy of me if that's what you wanna hear from me."

"But that's not enough for me. You are just too special in this place that everyone loves you they set standards on what kind of woman you must love."

Gulat na napatingin si Blyther sa kanya. Napakunot ang noo nito.

"Everyone here looks up at you like you are there ideal man. SSGC President, varsity player, consistent top 1 in academics, talented, handsome, kind, responsible.... which made them think you deserve a woman as good as you."

Manghang napatingin si Blyther kay Zandreaj. Ni minsan hindi pumasok sa isip nya ang mga naririnig nya sa babae. Napailing ito at napatawa.

"Those are just your assumptions."

"No, I heard them laughing at me when you change your FB profile. They were suspecting it was me but then laughed when they realized I wasn't good enough for you and that you will surely not even like me."

Nakahinga ng maluwag si Blyther ng walang marinig na kahit anong bahid ng sakit sa boses ni Zandreaj.

"So when I was at home working on my recovery, I planned on how they'll find me good enough for you. Not because I was bitter with their thoughts of me but because I want them to be happy for you that you found the woman they think you deserve."
I'm doing all these for everyone. No pullbacks, because we will all benefit from it, specially me."

Hindi maitago ang paghanga ni Blyther sa babae.

"With all those that you said, I guess it's me now who's not worthy of you."
Nakangiting sabi nito sa dalaga.

Umirap dito si Zandreaj.

"Kidding aside, I am happy also that you can express your self now, clear and concise." Tumitig ng punong-puno ng pagmamahal si Blyther sa girlfriend habang nilalapit ang mukha dito.

"That's the first thing I learned from you Vyb. Aside from providing me comfort, you really are bringing the best out of me. I love you." And she gave him the kiss he is waiting which he returned longingly.