[𝐋𝐈𝐈]

▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕

▬▬▬▬▬▬

Y/N had been staring at a singular spot on the ships wall, not paying the least bit of attention to the people of the crew walking around her. In all truth, the girl was simply trying to find her next course of action.

She recently had been alerted that the crew was heading to Ace's exacution. And she was coming with them for no reason other than she had to make sure her animalistic friend got the proper treatment.

Gary realized he hadn't been in the past few chapters so now he was sitting right next to human friend, also staring at a wall.

But the snail phone ringing alerted the both of them as Y/N snatched the communication toll up. Gary's expression changed into one of an old man. Only a single thought crosses Y/N's mind as she sweatdropped unironically. '...Rayleigh...'

"Hello-" "Hey kid! How you doing, I read the newspaper and saw what happened on the island. I just wanted to check up on ya since we haven't talked to each other in a while." Y/N scratched the top of her head. Not exactly knowing how to respond to the question.

"Well...no one has really asked me how I am in a while and I've been needing to kind of suppress anything since I'm always on the move. Is...busy...an emotion? Because all I feel is somewhat confused."

Y/N sighed as she laid down on the ground of the ship, the cold metal hitting the back of her head.

Gary on the right side of her head. The long wire connecting their conversation was strictly that. Laying same way on the ground.

"Hey, if you ever need something come over for a visit. Who knows I might even decide to drag you along while I move around. Or maybe Shakky will be able to take care of you. Anyway, your the only one who can contact me since your the only one I've been calling. And unlike some, you're fun to be around."

As Rayleigh began going on a rant of how he would gladly take in Y/N as his own little helper. The girl could only think of one thing. 'Has this man just been trying to convince me to let him adopt me?' But there might also be another possibility.

"And your useful! So I won't mind having you ar-" "Hey Rayleigh, are you just gonna sell me organs?" The line went dull, Rayleigh's weird snail face paused for a second while Y/N waited for an answer.

"EVERY SINGLE TIME I CALL YOU ASK ME THAT QUESTION! IS THAT SOME WEIRD SHIT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN, BECAUSE I'M FRANKLY CONCERNED. WHY DO YOU BELIEVE I'M SO FLAT OUT BROKE THAT I WOULD KILL A YOUNG GIRL AND SELL HER BODY PARTS!?"

Y/N giggled to herself while the rant turned into a different one. But before Rayleigh's words could become a lot more cureler Y/N paused his words. "Hey, thanks for checking up on me, I really do appreciate it, even though you mightstillwanttosellmyorgans." Y/N sat up as she eyed the snail.

The voice went quiet once more as a different expression and face changed  on the snail. "Hey Y/N, this is Shakky, Rayleigh stopped talking and is now shaking. Hope you feel better, bye!"

Click'

And just like that the call ended and Gray crawled up onto Y/N's leg. Leaving her with a light smile on his face while she caressed the shell of the her den den mushi. Going back to staring at the wall with a blank gaze.

'Ace is going to die soon, I've been forced into a meeting with Luffy and Ace at the same time. So I can't exactly push back the encounters anymore. Jeez, it'll probably so awkward since they most likely think I'm dead. I didn't show my powers a lot before I left the island.' Stress and the strong feeling of fear entered her body as she stared at the ceiling, back at the wall, looking intensely.

How would they react? After all they, are, real people. Would they be mad at her for not showing up earlier? Would they be happy to see her? Or would they not even realize that she was their childhood friend?

Clouds filled her mind while she goarned, but turned her attention when someone's footsteps came into hearing range.

'W-Why is it always me who has to deal with her!' The male stepped into the room, holding a tray with food on it. But Y/N simple turned around and looked at him. Blinking ever so slightly while he came closer and closer, shaking as he did so.

"So I brought you food-" "If you want, you can place it on the ground. I know...for some reason...your scared of me and I don't want you to be bothered by my presence while I'm on your ship."

The room was quiet and cold, Gary had already crept back into his home. Y/N stared lonely at the wall, still stuck in her thoughts. But suddenly someone sat right next to her and placed the tray in between them. "I'm sorry about what happened on the island before."

The e/c eyed girl turned to him while he scratched the back of his neck while a flush came over his face.  But a gracious smile which appeared on Y/N's face only made him blush even more.

"Thanks for that. But I don't really need pity right now, I need to figure out my next move. We're not stopping on any other islands, so I need to figure out how to deal with the whole execution thing." Y/N sighed. Tired of people checking up on her, the whole truth was that it annoyed her because talking about her friend only made her remember the incident. That, was something she didn't wish to do. "I'm sorry if I scared you a while back, didn't have a space of mind."

"Sorry if I hurt your feelings with continously running from you." Y/N just chuckled again and smiled.

'God damnit! WHY ARE ALL THE CRAZY ONES SO CUTE!?'

Ⓒ︎ Weird__Weebo
All rights reserved