CHAPTER 12

Shakthi closed her eyes and she was in a deep thought unconsciously. She slept in a sitting position due to the unusual heavy work and tiredness.

" Madam, do you want any servant to serve you?? Shall I feed you anything?? " Gowtham's voice echoed in her ears and disturbed her nap. She was panicked seeing him all of a sudden and tried to get up but he pushed her on the floor fiercely. Sakthi's back hit the floor and she was startled by his sudden violence.

" How dare you?? " Gowtham sneered angrily. Sakthi looked tense and started shivering in fear. She tried hard to get up by holding her painful body.

" You are sleeping like a dead rat, I told you to do all the household chores. But you are taking a rest, you don't learn your lessons??" Gowtham yelled angrily and slapped on her cheeks. Her lips started to bleed, his fingerprints were visible on her pink face. Already she has a high fever, now she has turned pale and pitiful.

Her head started to spin, she was about to fall. Gowtham noticed her changes and pulled her arms to prevent her from falling down. Once he touched her, he realized that she has a high fever. His heart melted seeing her state just for a few seconds again he turned into a heartless beast.

" Come on bring the food to the table within five minutes. I will get refreshed and come back." said Gowtham and moved out of the kitchen without pushing her to the worst.

Shakthi gained all her strength and walked towards the dining room by carrying the food she prepared for the dinner. Lakshmi ma noticed a difference in her walk and a swelling in her cheeks. Even though she wants to be heartless she can't do it. She stood up from her place and checked Shakthi. She was stunned to see her body shivered in high fever, Lakshmi maa became worried.

" What happened to you?? You were alright in the morning, now how come you were burning like a fire?? Why didn't you tell me??" Asked, Lakshmi maa worried. Shakthi gets confused seeing her care all of a sudden, she can't believe that she is really worried about her. She didn't reply and looked at her face vaguely.

Lakshmi understood her mind and immediately gave her food on a plate to eat. She asked her to eat the food and take the medicine immediately. Shakthi was hesitant for a moment but she was damn hungry and tired so she gradually took the plate in her hand and went ahead to sit on the dining table.

" Don't dare" Gowtham sneered from the staircase looking at weak Shakthi. Lakshmi came in support of Shakthi, she said " Gowtham let her eat, she is not well. She has a high fever"

Gowtham looked annoyed, he rubbed his neck angrily and yelled, " Lakshmi ma, how many times should I tell you?? Don't pity her, she doesn't deserve it. Such a cunning fox she is "

Shakthi's eyes filled with tears, she asked herself what mistake I made?? Why does he hate me so much?? God at least tell me the truth orelse I will die of suffocation.

" Gowtham, I don't forget anything or pity her but she is unwell, we need to treat her. We can't let her die, " explained Lakshmi maa calmly. Gowtham looked at the pale trembling Shakthi.

" Alright, but she should never sit here at the dining table with us. It's only for the family , not for the outsiders. Get lost from here and eat in the kitchen along with other servants. Don't show me your bloody face, you are nothing to me" Gowtham sneered angrily. Shakthi didn't have any strength to offend him, so she silently walked inside the kitchen without carrying the food plate.

" Take the plate and go, I'm not a monster to let you die in hunger. I will find different ways to torture you but I won't make you starve, eat the food" said Gowtham. Shakthi didn't turn back and continued to walk inside the kitchen holding her heavy head.Lakshmi got worried seeing her state.

" Gowtham, you shouldn't have done this while she was about to eat. It's a sin to stop someone from having food" said Lakshmi ma worriedly. Gowtham became thoughtful for a while, he went to the dining table and served his food on the plate.

" I didn't grab her food, I asked her to eat in the place where she deserves to stay. But she wants to be my wife, I can't give her that place. She is my Athi's murderer" Gowtham blurted out the truth angrily.

Lakshmi maa controlled him and asked him not to say anything because she might hear. Gowtham regained his senses and controlled his tongue, because he didn't wish to give a slight chance to Shakthi to know why has been tortured. Both Lakshmi ma and Gowtham continued to have their dinner silently.

Shakthi walked inside the kitchen and laid her head on the wall for support. She heard his voice and she was shocked to hear his accusations, she was so weak but still she heard it clearly.

She murmured, " What am I murderer?? Did he say that?? No I didn't kill anyone, I'm not a killer, I'm not such a person. Who is Athi?? Whom are they talking about??" Shakthi cried silently sitting on the floor. She kept her ears sharp to hear their conversation but she failed in it, because she didn't know why they stopped talking about her.

Lakshmi ma sent Gowtham to his bedroom and came to the kitchen to check Shakthi. She saw Shakthi in a vulnerable state but this time her heart didn't pity her. She kept the food plate and medicine infront of her and asked her to eat.

Sakthi nodded her head negatively and demanded an answer, " Who is Athi??". Lakshmi ma was startled hearing her questions, her fear turned true that she heard their conversation.

" Did you eavesdrop??" Asked Lakshmi maa calmly without showing any emotions.
She was calm for a while and retorted back, " Even Though you eavesdrop, there will be no use because you won't know anything."

Sakthi forced her to answer her questions, she threatened her to go for hunger strike if Lakshmi ma refused to answer. But Lakshmi was too stubborn and denied to give any answers.

"Think about the consequences before you go for hunger strike. If you want to face Gowtham's wrath continue your stupid act Orelse eat the food and take the medicine. Good night" said Lakshmi ma and left the place, Shakthi was stunned hearing speech. She forgot to touch the food and became thoughtful.

She asked herself again and again,
" Who is Athi??"
" What happened to that person??"

Meanwhile Gowtham went into his personal room and saw a photo of a girl with a cheerful smile. His eyes shed tears continuously reminiscing his past. Her smile and words echoed in his ears again and again.

To Be Continued…..

                  ***************

Hey Guys!!

How is this update??

I hope you all like this story and will extend your support. I'm expecting more comments about this story progress, it will help me to write better.

Kindly share your review and share your votes. Next update will be on next week. Please wait for it.

Thank and Regards