Chapter 24

Gowtham returned home late at night, his eyes searching for Sakthi in that entire house, but she was not there. He knew this was definitely not a simple thing to get over soon but he felt bad about her situation. Lakshmi maa saw him standing near the dining area and lost in his thoughts. She came near him and asked,
" Are you searching for Sakthi??"

Gowtham stood silently with a slight nod, Lakshmi understood his silence and said, "She locked herself since this morning you left, she hasn't come out yet. She didn't eat anything and continuously crying "

Gowtham stood mum, Lakshmi was this time disappointed with his actions. She too expressed it " Gowtham, I can't believe that I raised you all these years. You know something?? You are losing your humanity in the sake of revenge. You shouldn't have stopped her from attending her father's funeral. It's her right, whether she is a good or bad person, it's her father".

Gowtham's face turned dark, he looked down in guilt. He knew he was wrong but this time he has nothing to do with the revenge but he can't explain it to anyone. He was afraid of his growing feelings about Sakthi in spite of knowing that she destroyed his happy family. He felt ashamed to express that to Lakshmi maa.

" I know I did wrong but I don't have any other options. If I let her go she will spoil all my plans. But don't worry Lakshmi maa I had arranged a veneration for her father's soul to rest in peace. Tomorrow morning we will take Sakthi to the temple and let her do that pooja, " said Gowtham. Lakshmi maa was not convinced but she knew that she can't change his decision so remained quiet.

" Gowtham I will send a glass of milk to your room, please make her drink otherwise tomorrow morning she will definitely faint" Lakshmi maa expressed her worries. Gowtham nodded his head positively and went to his room.

After marriage he felt anxious to go to his room, he was hesitant to see her. Something pricked in his heart made him feel guilty. He reached their bedroom and knocked on the door a few times.

" Sakthi... Sakthi... open the door " Gowtham called her name a few times but unfortunately there was no response from inside. His anxiousness grew and he panicked thinking about her. He remembered how Lakshmi said that she didn't eat anything in the morning. He started to bang the door harder, but nothing was fruitful. Now he decided to break the door or lock to get in, Gowtham started to push the door and hit the lock forcefully. Again and again he hit harder to break it. Lakshmi maa heard noise and went there, she was also worried seeing the situation. She gave him a rod to open the door. He took it and started to hit the door lock repeatedly.

After a few minutes he was able to break the door lock. Immediately he broke into the room worriedly, Lakshmi maa followed him inside. But they both were shocked to see Sakthi's state.

She was sitting on the floor, her head was leaning on the wall. She was sitting exactly opposite to the door. She tightly held her folded legs with her both hands. Her hair was open and messy, her face was dark, her eyes were so tired and fixed on the ceiling, it didn't emote any emotions. Her eyeliner was smudged due to the tears, tear stains were on her face and she looked scary. Gowtham was taken back, witnessing her in such a state. He kidnapped her and tortured her a lot but he never saw her like this before. He always wants to see her broken but now he was disturbed seeing her in such a pitiful state.

Lakshmi felt a twitch in her stomach after seeing Sakthi completely shaken. She looked at Gowtham's face and understood that he was also equally shocked like her. She decided to leave the place to give them a space to talk, and she asked Gowtham to handle Sakthi.Lakshmi maa left the room and closed the door. After she left Gowtham was standing in the same place looking at Sakthi. She didn't blink her eyes, she didn't pay attention to his calls, she was sitting like a log. He became anxious and walked near her, he kneeled down in front of her and tried to talk.

" Sakthi, I know this is not easy but you have to accept that your father is no more. I feel apologetic for your loss but there is nothing we can do other than crying. I know you are longing to meet your family but I can't let you go there. I'm sorry...." Said Gowtham looking at her eyes. Still there was no movement from her, he was worried thinking about her health.

" Sakthi, I have arranged a pooja for your father's soul to rest in peace. Tomorrow morning we need to go, you can do that pooja, " said Gowtham. After hearing about this Sakthi turned her head and looked at him deeply once. Gowtham couldn't take her eyes and looked down in guilt. Her eyes were fixed on his handsome face, but he didn't look handsome to her. She felt disgusted to see him after all what he did with her. She tried to get up and walked away from him to avoid him, she felt weak to walk. Her head was spinning, her legs were twisting while taking each step, somehow she managed and continued to walk. He saw how she struggled and felt bad, suddenly she stumbled while walking, Gowtham immediately acted and caught her in his arms. Only after a few seconds only she realized that she was in his arms, she felt like puking out but she controlled it. Gowtham keenly observed her face, he couldn't find any emotions in it. Slowly she removed his hands from her body and tried to walk away from him. Gowtham stopped her from walking forward, he held her wrist tightly and said,

"Sakthi, you look weak, definitely you will fall down, let me help you. Come along with me, I will take you to the bed and then I will get the milk for you. Please drink it then only you will feel strength"

Sakthi turned to his side and looked at his face keenly without showing any feelings. She looked at his hands on her wrist then his face, she brushed his hands away and looked at him deeply.

" I know what you want from me, this is what right??" Said Sakthi in a deep voice and looked at him intensely. Gowtham became confused hearing her talks, unexpectedly all of a sudden she removed her saree and threw it on his face.

" Every night you want this right?? You want my body to punish my soul. Do whatever you want, already I'm dead so my dead body won't stop you. I know you are so happy to see my pain, to see my loss because this is what you want to see always... I mean my tears... am I right?? Come on, you celebrate this moment, come and tear my body like you tore my soul " said Sakthi with a soulless voice.

Gowtham was stunned at her unusual acts, he was beyond dead shock seeing her gestures. This Sakthi looked completely new to him, he always saw her clumsy cry baby whenever he troubled her but now he saw determination in her eyes. She looked powerful, her words and actions were sharp as a knife, Gowtham got confused. There was not a ray of fear or hesitation in her eyes, she looked like a fierce lioness. He was taken back, he tried to speak but his voice gets struck.

" No...Sakthi, I... didn't... mean... it... I... just... want.. you...to..." Gowtham stammered. Sakthi was surprised to see him stammering instead of showing attitude. She looked at his eyes with a fire, like she was going to burn him alive.

First time he felt ashamed about him and looked down. He took her saree and covered her body with it, his fingers were trembling when he was touching her. He removed his hands like he touched a fire when she looked at his eyes continuously. Next moment he left the place without a word. Sakthi smirked seeing him running away. She locked the door and said firmly,

" Run... Gowtham... run... this is my first victory. From today you will not get any peace. I will make your life hell"

To Be Continued...

*********************

Hey Guys!

How is this chapter??

Readers kindly share your votes comments with me. It will be useful for me to write further.

Most importantly I want more comments from you guys to know whether you all like this story progress. Many readers are here silent readers, I request you all to share your comments and votes.
Next update will be next week.

Iniya Pongal Nalvazthukal ✨
✨Happy Makara Sankaranthi ✨

Thank you