Chapter 28

Gowtham embraced Lakshmi ma emotionally and expressed his eternal happiness to become a father. She was also extremely happy to see Gowtham ecstatic after so many years.

" Gowtham, I'm very happy to see you like this. Everyday I prayed to God to keep you happy and away from all the sorrows. Finally God heard my prayers, thanks to the almighty " said Lakshmi ma wiping Gowtham's tears.

" Yes Lakshmi maa, whatever you said was true atlast God returned my lost happiness in the form of my child. He/She is my blood, my life, my soul, and my everything. I'm ready to do anything for my baby. I'm even ready to forget and forgive Sakthi's deeds. I want to live a normal life with my baby and wife, I want to become a hero in my child's eyes not as a villain so, I'm ready to change myself. Soon I will become old Gowtham, " said Gowtham with twinkling eyes. Lakshmi ma nodded her head positively with a smile on her lips.

Sakthi was still unconscious, due to the effects of medicine she was sleeping on the bed for hours. Gowtham sat next to her bed and caressed her head. He kissed her forehead and rested his head on her belly then kissed it. He felt like he touched his baby in her womb, his eyes shed happy tears. He reminisced about his happy family and dwelled in those memories.

After a few minutes Sakthi slowly gained consciousness, she felt her head was heavy. With so much difficulty she tried to get up, to her shock she noticed Gowtham on her bedside with closed eyes. She noticed that he was sleeping by holding her hand. She wondered what happened to him and why he behaved like a dotty husband. He felt movements from her and opened his eyes quickly with a twinkled eyes. He cupped Sakthi's face in between his palms and looked at her with so much love. Sakthi saw tenderness in his face for the first time after their marriage, she looked confused at his behaviour. She was about to ask him what happened, but before that he started to kiss her lovingly.

Sakthi was clueless about his different behaviour, she asked him hesitantly, "Gowtham, what happened, is everything ok ??"

He stopped kissing her and looked at her worried face for a while. He smiled softly, touched her belly and said " Sakthi, we are going to become parents. You are pregnant ". Gowtham smiled whole heartedly with happy tears, Sakthi was in dead shock. She looked shattered, she couldn't believe that she was carrying his child. Tears rolled down on her cheeks, her eyes forgot to blink. She felt difficult to breathe, she felt a heavy weight on her heart, then all of sudden her head started to spin, her eyes were shut down and she fainted in Gowtham's arms.

Gowtham gets worried and shouted the doctor's name louder. Immediately the doctor came and checked her, they asked Gowtham to wait outside for sometime. He looked at Sakthi's pale face and walked out half heartedly. After a few minutes the doctor came out, Gowtham rushed to him and asked what happened to Sakthi worriedly.

" Doctor, what happened to my wife?? Just now she got up, then why did she faint again?? Is she alright??" Asked Gowtham impatiently.

" Mr. Gowtham, at first you relax, nothing to worry, she is fine now, this is common in pregnancy  " said the doctor.

Gowtham sighed, relaxed and conveyed his gratitude to him " Thank you doctor, I was so scared" he smiled softly.

" But Mr.Gowtham, you need to be careful about her health because she looks pale and she is very weak, she needs to eat well. I saw all her reports, that her haemoglobin levels are low, she is anaemic.  I will give her some supplements and medicine, let her follow all those, I will see her next week " said the doctor. Gowtham grows worried but he says to the doctor that he will take good care of Sakthi.

" And more importantly Mr. Gowtham, don't give her any stress, this is an early stage in pregnancy so if she gets any stress or depression she may lose the child. So be careful, keep her happy, don't worry everything will be alright" the doctor explained to Gowtham and patted his shoulders.

Gowtham looks stressed, he knew because of him Sakthi was depressed and he didn't feed her properly so she became weak. He was in guilty feel. But Lakshmi ma assured him that they will take good care of Sakthi from now on and asked him not to worry.

Soon after that Sakthi woke up and realised whatever Gowtham said. His words echoed in her ears that she was pregnant. She felt helpless to carry his child, and cursed her fate with silent tears. She asked God why was she getting punished again and again??

Afternoon Sakthi was discharged from the hospital and Gowtham took her to his home. He didn't let her walk and carried her in his arms to their bedroom. He was ecstatic and distributed sweets to all the employees in that house. Lakshmi maa served her a hot and healthy diet. Gowtham asked her to have all medicines on time and left for the office. But before leaving he gave a kiss on her forehead and the baby inside her belly. He advised her to take care and be safe.

After Gowtham left, Sakthi was speechless, she stood as a stone when he showered love on her like before their marriage. She was surprised to see his sweet gestures and activities after she became pregnant. She understood that Gowtham was excitedly expecting this child, but unfortunately Sakthi was not at all happy to carry his baby. She wants to get rid of him and she wants to cut all ties with him so she didn't want to give birth to his child. She felt bad about that unborn child but she was helpless. Now she has become thoughtful about what to do next with this pregnancy.

Late at night Gowtham returned home and enquired Lakshmi ma about Sakthi's health. Once he was convinced he came to Sakthi, she was standing at the balcony and stared at the full moon aimlessly. Gowtham came from her behind and hugged her from the backside. Sakthi was flinching in fear and panicked, Gowtham noticed her scared face and felt bad. He remembered the doctor's words and tried to make her cool.

" Sakthi relax, it's me, " said Gowtham with a smile. Sakthi gritted her teeth vulnerable. Seeing her silence Gowtham came near her and pinched her chin, he made her look in his eyes.

" Sakthi, I know so much has happened between us but now you are pregnant so I want to keep you happy. Tell me whatever you want I will get it for you " said Gowtham with a smile, he saw Sakthi's face brighten instantly. He became thoughtful and paused for a while, Sakthi's face changed and she wondered what he was going to say.

He continued to speak " I will do anything you ask for except going away from here, or to meet your family, that will never happen. So ask me something else ". Sakthi's face turned dark immediately, she smiled bitterly and asked him, " I know you won't let me go away, but please tell me why I'm here?? ". Gowtham was confused and asked her to tell clearly.

Sakthi closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she asked him " What mistake did I make?? Why do you want to punish me?? Why are you doing this all with me?? I want answers please tell me atleast now. I'm dying to know these answers from the day I came here" Sakthi folded her hands and asked him to answer her questions. Gowtham's face turned darker, the softness and smile wiped from his face. His face turned into stone, he looked at Sakthi's eyes with zero emotions.

To Be Continued...

**********

Hey Guys!

How is this chapter??

Readers kindly share your votes comments with me. It will be useful for me to write further.

Guys I want more comments from you all readers to know whether you all like this story progress. Many readers are here silent readers, I request you all to share your comments and votes.
Next update will be next week.

Thank you