Chapter 40

"What are you saying?? Really you don't know how to drive a car??" Exclaimed Gowtham in disbelief. He couldn't believe that Sakthi didn't know how to drive a car. But fortunately his sixth sense worked now, and he remembered that from the time he met her till today she never touched the car to drive. How did I forget to notice this important thing?? He asked himself.

" Even if you ask me for more than ten thousand times, still my answer will remain the same. Yes I don't know how to drive a car, got it ?? " said Sakthi loudly. Gowtham felt confused after all these mishaps.

" Listen Gowtham, till today I thought maybe at some point I may have done some mistake or a sin so that you are torturing me. But now I clearly understood that I didn't make any mistakes. Whatever happened with your sister, the sole reason was her own deeds. I didn't do anything against her, I'm not such a cheap person like you and your dead sister to torture someone to die" Sakthi said fearlessly.

" How dare you call my sister cheap?? Can't you understand that she was dead, at least respect her dead soul " Gowtham gritted his teeth angrily.  But he was interrupted by Sakthi, she put her index finger on his mouth and signed him to stop talking.

"Sshh… Gowtham enough not a word again, because you don't deserve to raise your voice to me. Do you know why ?? Because I'm the only victim in this chaos. You and your sister destroyed my beautiful life in the name of so called revenge. You are not less than your sister, unaware of the whole truth you took your sister's side and punished me severely, you destroyed my family, my life, my future and my everything" said Sakthi with a heavy breath, Gowtham looked at her keenly, he observed all her reactions. He couldn't find anything fake from that. He was completely blank now.

" Of Course what can I expect from you after all you are Aathira's brother. She never let anyone who opposed her to live peacefully, she wanted everyone to be under her feet. She was such a spoiled rich brat, exactly like her rich arrogant brother, Mr. Gowtham " said Sakthi mockingly. Gowtham's eyes shrunk. He was hesitant to talk after witnessing Sakthi's firm speech.

Sakthi continued to say, " As a woman I felt pity for her, she shouldn't die like that. But I swear I didn't do anything for her end, I'm not such a person. Whether you believe it or not it's up to you but this is the truth and I will prove it " said Sakthi firmly.  Gowtham looked at her surprised.

" After all this still you have so much guts to talk like this infront of me, I'm really impressed " Gowtham smirked at her.

" So, still you don't believe my words, am I right??" Asked Sakthi. Gowtham remained silent, because he himself didn't know what was wrong or what was right. Inside his deep heart, the very first time he started to think positively about Sakthi.

" Maybe you don't know how to drive, what about other things that happened between you and Aathira ?? I can't believe your words just like that. I need proof, can you bring that? " Asked Gowtham. Sakthi was stunned at first because this is the first time Gowtham was listening to her words.

" Alright, like you said I can prove myself that I'm innocent in this case. I'm even ready to die to bring out the truth. It's really good at least now you decided to dig out the ugly truth of your little princess. But I have a condition…you have to accept that before we start to search for the truth" said Sakthi looking at him deeply.

Gowtham's face frowned, he wondered what she is going to ask about. " What is it ?? Speak up " He asked carelessly. Even Lakshmi ma who was a silent listener all the while, became curious what she would ask.

Sakthi looked at him keenly, she took a deep breath and said, " If I can't prove my innocence I will promise to accept this punishment and stay here as your slave my whole life. But if I win, it means if I prove my innocence… then…." Sakthi paused for a while, Gowtham became curious and asked her.

" What do you want me to do?? You want me to become your slave in return?? Ok I will agree to that " He said mockingly to her with a hidden smile between his thick lips.

Sakthi smiled mockingly, and said " I appreciate your trust in your beloved sister. But I'm eager to see your face when the truth is out. I wonder how will you smile after knowing the truth. How would you look?? " Gowtham stared at her angrily.

Sakthi ignored it, she smiled and continued to say, " Fine, so now you are ready to become my slave ?? I mean if I prove my innocence. But I don't want that, because what am I going to do with you ?? So leave it, now I want to ask you something else, but I will tell you my demand only after I prove my innocence. Will you do what I ask ?? " asked Sakthi.

Gowtham became suspicious of her words, he was flabbergasted about her demands. " What do you want me to do ?? Tell me now,  " he asked her impatiently.

Sakthi laughed louder, " Just now you said that you believe your beloved sister. What happened now?? Your faith is getting faded?? Are you scared of losing?? Is this your trust level?? " Sakthi triggered him. Gowtham's face turned darker, he gritted his teeth angrily. Sakthi touched his weak point now he became extremely angry and made a promise to her.

" I swear on my mother. If you win this challenge definitely I will do whatever you ask for. I will never back off from this, " Gowtham promised sincerely without knowing that this one promise was going to change his life upside down. Sakthi smirked happily that her plan worked. Lakshmi became worried seeing his promise to Sakthi.

" All the very best Gowtham, stay strong to face the truth, I'm sure you will definitely not be able to sleep after that. Have a good night " said Sakthi with a smirk and left the place. Gowtham saw her walking away. Lakshmi came to him and asked worried,

" Gowtham, what have you done?? I told you before itself that I have a doubt on Sakthi. Now you saw how strong and determined was Sakthi on her stand. I'm afraid she may not be Aathira's culprit. What will you do if she wins the challenge and demands to leave from here?? Will you be able to send her off with your child?? You shouldn't have promised her, you made a mistake ". Lakshmi ma expressed her grave fear, because she knows well that now Gowtham developed feelings for Sakthi, he will be broken if she leaves him. After listening to her words somewhere he too felt scared, reminiscing that promise. He looked worried about Sakthi's demands, because he knows well how much she hates him and desperate to leave him. He became tense and went to his room to ask Sakthi about her promise and demands. But when he reached there she was already asleep, with a calm smile on her lips. He was surprised to see her sleep happily, after this revelation. The poor guy didn't know that she was dying all this time to know the reason behind his actions and her sufferings. So now she knows what to do and how to bring out the truth, that's why she sleept peacefully tonight. But Gowtham became sleepless now, he was reminiscing everything Sakthi said and became confused about Aathira's death. He recollected what Saranya told him when he went to ask her about Aathira.

" Saranya, you know everything about Aathira. You were her close friend so please tell me whatever you know about her missing and dead. I want to who was behind her death" asked Gowtham with tears filled eyes. He looked very tired and sad because he lost two people in his family within a week. 

" Gowtham Anna, I know what you are going through, I'm really sorry for your loss. Aathira was my close friend, we were inseparable in our college but trust me. I didn't know why Aathira went there. And what she was doing there. Actually when we met after exams she told me that night she booked her flight tickets to return to your home. But I don't know how she ended there, " said Saranya while crying.

Gowtham's eyes twinkled, he became suspicious of her words. He looked at her keenly, Saranya was scared and she became doubtful that Gowtham didn't believe her explanation. She started to sweat in fear. Gowtham observed her facial changes and took something from his pant pocket, he showed that infront of her face.

He asked her sharply, " Then what was it doing in that forest ??"
Saranya's face turned pale out of dead fear, she saw her neck chain in Gowtham's hand. She looked nervous and well as scared, soon she fell down unconsciously. Gowtham held her in his arms.

To Be Continued…

****************

Hey Guys!!

I hope you all like this chapter. If you impressed with this story and chapter kindly share your comments and votes. Next update will be next week.

Thank you