Chapter 52

Saranya continued to say their past…

“ Everyone knew that Aathira and I were friends during our college days. But none know how we became close friends all of a sudden. And why I was always so close with Aathira, even though she never respected me and treated me like a shit. Actually until college second year we were not close friends infact not even a friend but I planned to be her close friend. So I decided to stay with Aathira day and night so I shifted to her room by myself and became her free servant. She never considered me as a friend, instead that bitch treated me as her slave. But I tolerated all that and stayed with her. Because I was very much keen to not let anyone near Aathira. Already Aathira was a spoiled brat So it was not so difficult for me, gradually I removed all her close friends and made her alone to stay only with me“

“ But why did you do this?? What will you get by doing all this ?? What was the reason to fake a friendship drama?”  Rasme confusedly asked.

Saranya looked at her carelessly, she looked at everyone's face,later she smirked and casually said “ Inner peace”. Everyone looked confused hearing her.

“ Stop making riddles and explain everything clearly to others, especially to Gowtham. You should tell everyone whatever you told me this morning “ said  Aravind impatiently. Saranya chuckled at his angry gestures, looked at Sakthi's face and asked her a question which stunned everyone in the room.

“ Sakthi, do you remember our college senior Sukanya??” Asked Saranya.
Sakthi looked at Aravind once hesitantly and nodded her head positively.

Saranya took a deep breath and said with a tears filled broken voice, “She is my cousin, we are family. My mother and her father are siblings, she is their only daughter.That bitch Aathira killed her, she threatened my innocent sister and pushed our family in endless sorrow. She tarnished her reputation even after her death“ said Saranya and cried louder in front of all.

Everyone in the room was shocked to know the relationship between Saranya and Sukanya. Gowtham was stunned to hear this secret, he didn't know what happened with Sukanya. But Sakthi told him that girl committed suicide when someone rejected her proposal. But in which was Aathira connected to this death?? Gowtham was confused. He asked Saranya the same.

“ What nonsense is this?? Sukanya committed suicide in love failure. Everyone knew that but now why are you telling me that my sister Aathira killed her?? Are you framing another story to escape??” Gowtham gritted his teeth angrily.

Saranya chuckled silently and continued to say, “ Yes you are true Sukanya committed suicide but she was forced to take such decisions only because of your sister Aathira “ Everyone was damn shocked hearing this, especially Sakthi and Gowtham.

Saranya continued to speak, “ Sukanya was a naive and innocent girl. She was the apple of our eye in my family. Everyone loved her immensely, we all adore her innocence. I was three years younger to her but still I consider her as my little sister. She is very kind, she always loved everyone and treated me like her own sister. We didn't talk much when we grew up but we shared a good bond more than cousins. Our character doesn't match, we both are opposite poles but I really like her so much . We both studied in the same school so obviously my parents want me to study in the same college as Sukanya.  But I was pissed with it, I was annoyed with that arrangement. After Sukanya left schooling I enjoyed being alone there. She was so much attached to the family, she was sincere and usually she tells everything that happened in school  to our family. I was afraid that joining the same college would grab my freedom. I was dreaming of enjoying my college days, but unfortunately I had to study in the same college with my cousin Sukanya. Sometimes I mocked her for being a very good obedient girl, sometimes I dominated her, sometimes I put her down for fun. But she never raised any complaints against me, she was a gem. Maybe my actions would have shelved her self confidence. Now I feel bad for that, I'm ashamed, I should have been nice to her. But I was in a different world that time so I forgot to see her pain when she was suffering. I convinced her to act as a stranger in the college. In our college days I told her not to tell anyone about us, just because she was so silent and calm in college. I didn't want anyone to assume I was also the same as her. She always shares everything with me from childhood but after joining this college we had a wall. Because I was always busy with my friends, I used to talk with her only when we go to our hometown.That time she told me everything that happened in the college, about her friends, everything but except one thing, it was Aravind “ Saranya paused for a while with tears. She was in extreme guilt and pain reminiscing about Sukanya.