Chapter - 30

After her schooling Sakthi got an engineering admission in a famous college far from her home. She was always dreaming to become an architect so she was determined to join the college in Chennai. Her parents also supported her dreams and let her walk on her ambitions. Soon she joined the college and she was also planning to stay in a college hostel during that time.

Her brother and father came along with her and checked everything for their princess. Finally they were content seeing the college and hostel facilities. Her father shared a piece of advice with his daughter.

" Sakthi, it's difficult for us to leave you here, already your mother started to cry thinking about you. Really, now I'm afraid of how I'm going to live without you for four years but it's important for your career growth so I'm consoling myself. I want you to study well and complete this graduation with a university rank, promise me " said her father emotionally with tear droplets escaping from his eyes.

" Dad, don't worry I will make you proud. I will come to our house for all my vacations. So please don't cry, you are my strength" said Sakthi and embraced her father.

" Ok… Ok… enough. Stop your love drama, appa we are getting late, we have to catch the train tonight" Sakthi's brother Sathya interrupted.

" Appa… something is burning I guess. Did you smell it ??" Asked Sakthi looking at her brother teasingly.

" Why would my stomach burn?? If you are dad's little princess then I'm my mom's little prince " said Sathya by pulling his shirt collar.

"Ooohhhhh…." Sakthi and her father said together quorusly. Sathya turned his face to another side angrily when his father and sister pulled his legs.

" Anna, don't forget I'm not dad's little princess but also your little sister" said Sakthi by patting his shoulders. Sathya's face changed softly after hearing her talks. He smiled and caressed her head and said "Of Course my little sissy "

Sakthi's father and brother bid bye to her and left for their hometown. Sakthi made friends in that place and adjusted to its environment. She was dreaming to study well and score distinction in her university exams.

From the next day onwards the college was reopened and the students were going to the college. Seniors arranged a freshers party for the newcomers. Sakthi was in the first year of college so she has undergone a few funny raggings and some serious things also. By that time only Aravind met her and fell for her at first sight. He was her college senior, he was studying third year in the Information Technology department.

Aravind saw a fearless strong Sakthi and he was smitten by her charms. Secretly he admired her the whole time. Aravind was one of the most eligible bachelors of that college so he got more proposals. But he ignored all that and sincerely loved Sakthi.

Aathira, also joined the same college along with Sakthi, she was studying in the same department with Aravind. But these girls didn't know much about each other at that time. Sakthi never got to know or meet Aathira until they had a clash due to Aravind.

Sakthi completed the first year course successfully and she scored a rank in her semester examinations. That time Sakthi became popular in that college. Aravind was also secretly in love with her. But he didn't have the guts to express his love to her. Whenever he saw her eyes he became speechless. They didn't speak a word, but her eyes and smile spoke a lot with him. Except his close friends none knows his love for Sakthi. So his love story was completely one sided, but he cherished that.

Days passed and Aravind was in his final year of college so his friends urged him to express his love to Sakthi before it got too delayed. Aravind also felt that they were right and he shouldn't keep quiet more. He was afraid of losing Sakthi. So he decided to propose to her on his birthday, which was next week. He planned everything for that love moment and decided to propose to her in an unforgettable way.

But before that his classmate Sukanya, expressed her love on his birthday. Aravind was extremely shocked seeing her proposal, because she was silent and timid girl in his class. He couldn't believe that she was in love with him all the while. He always saw her as a best friend, so he tried to make her realise it. But Sukanya was adamant in her stand and begged in front of him to accept her love.

" Sukanya, I can't believe that you had such thoughts in your mind. I'm really sorry if I gave you any such alarms from my behaviour. But I'm pretty sure I never crossed my limits with you. I was always in a friend zone, I never loved you" Aravind tried to make her understand.

" Aravind, you are such a gem any girl will wish to have a life partner like you. Then why not me?? You said we are good friends then why can't we become life partners?? I'm sure we will make a good couple. Please understand my true feelings and accept my love. I can't imagine a life without you. I've been madly in love with you since the first year of college. But I never had the guts to express it. Now we are in final year and this is my last chance. So I gained all my courage to come in front of you. Please Aravind accept my love" Sukanya begged him with folded hands.

Aravind was perplexed seeing her condition, he thought he should tell her the whole truth to make her understand his situation. So Aravind told her everything, he expressed his love for Sakthi and how he planned to propose to her on his birthday. Sukanya was in dead shock to get to know about his secret love. At first she didn't believe his word but slowly she understood that he was not lying. She was completely broken and cried vigorously in front of him. Aravind was helpless to stop her tears, his heart was clenched seeing her pain. He couldn't see her pain so he said sorry for hurting her and distanced himself from her. Soon after he walked away from there in guilt.

" Sukanya, I'm really sorry for whatever happened. But I can't do anything about this. I hope you will understand me, but I'm sure this matter will be only between us. I would never disclose this to anyone, you please don't get embarrassed. Let's try to be normal like before. I know it's difficult for you but please try to forget everything and move on. I will always be in your friend zone. Take care bye " said Aravind and walked with a tear filled blurred vision.

Sukanya cried for a few minutes and ran away from there reminiscing his words. Sukanya and Aravind believed none knows about their conversation, but a pair of eyes watched without their knowledge everything with a extremely hatred filled raged eyes.

Aravind believed that soon Sukanya will forget him, she will be alright and will understand his love for Sakthi but poor Aravind didn't know that girl's love was more strong than his beliefs.

Due to Sukanya's unexpected proposal, Aravind was upset and didn't propose to Sakthi on his birthday. He dropped all his plans and went to his friend's house to stay that night. He was not aware that tomorrow will be one of the most unfortunate days for him.

Aravind was sleeping sound in his friend Shiva's house. All of a sudden his friend tried to wake him up and Aravind too woke up. He asked his friend what happened.

" Aravind, yesterday night Sukanya committed suicide" said Shiva panicked. Aravind turned soulless hearing that, he reminisced about his last meeting with her yesterday. Her pleadings echoed in his ears. He had become emotional and  tears rolled down on his cheeks endlessly.

To Be Continued….

********************

Hey Guys!!

If you like this chapter kindly share your votes and comments. Next chapter will be next week.

Thank you