one.

Cassie

New York City.

The city that became home to me the past three month. I hadn't realized how much I didn't see of the city when I lived here before, I was too young to go around and explore but I had enough time to do that this summer. The time went by fast the last months and I was still living with my aunt and cousin because I didn't have another choice yet. But it was almost not as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't get along with my cousin as usual but did get along with my aunt. She had changed so much over the years that it suprised me but I didn't mind. I almost didn't miss Miami and most definitely not my big brother.

Daniel didn't talk to me ever since he left me at the airport and I didn't care actually, if he wanted to ignore me than so be it. I couldn't care less. But I knew that he was calling my aunt like twice a week and asked if I was alright. I didn't know why he cared and why he wouldn't call me then if he wanted to know how I was doing but then again: I couldn't care less.

The only one I really missed was Justin. The day of my graduation was the last time I saw him and the last time I had heard about him. I tried to text him mutliple times but he never answered any of them and when I called him he didn't pick up or it went straight to voicemail. I was worried because who knows what might have happend. I was too far away to notice something and my friends couldn't go around for me because they weren't living in Miami anymore. Lisa moved to Washington and Emilia lived in Stanford now.

From time to time I thought that Justin didn't want to be with me anymore and that he didn't love me anymore and this was the way for him to break up with me. But then again on graduation day he said that I should never forget that he loved me more than anything, no matter what. It was beyond confusing why he wouldn't talk to me then. I really missed him a lot and all this time I needed him a lot but I hoped there was a good reason why he was being so distant to me.

I sighed and then I took my phone to call Emilia. She really helped me a lot through the past three months and I was really happy to have her in my life. She was really the greatest and most caring girl ever and I had no idea what I would do without her.

"Hey baby girl," she said after she answered the call.

"Hey," I said and then I opened the window and looked out of it. "How are you?"

"I'm good and super happy," she exclaimed. "I'm officially moving into my house today."

I brought my hand to my forehead, "I totally forgot about that," I said, she had been so excited for it for so long, I can't believe I forgot that.

"Girl are you serious? I've been talking about it for weeks now." I could picture her gasp dramatically and put a hand on her chest.

"I knooow. I'm sorry," I apologized. "I wanna see your house so badly now you have no idea."

"You have to come visit me as soon as possible. I'll have the biggest parties I swear," she said. I could imagine that she would have the coolest parties and that everyone would come because she was the coolest person ever. "The girls and I have the first party already planned out," she added.

"You make new friends so quickly." Unlike me, I was so shy when it came to make friends. I have been alone for three months. I didn't want to go out on my own and going out with my cousin was no option, we couldn't stand each other. Being in the same room was a problem.

"We had a meeting from college so we could get to know a few people. Didn't you have that?"

"I never got a mail or something for that." I shrugged. It's not like I checked my mails the last few days.