nine.

Justin

I was so shocked and I couldn't believe what was happening right now.

All these years I had been away and all the time I had these dreams. Dreams were I was with my mother and my father again and that everything was just like it used to be just that I had grown up now but then I woke up and realized that it was not reality and that it was never going to be reality. I tried to live with the fact that it was impossible to ever see both of them again.

But here she was. My beautiful mother standing right in front of me, looking at me with her beautiful eyes and touching me with her loving hands.

I couldn't speak. My mouth was open a little bit and I wanted to say something but nothing came out. It was like every single word in my vocabulary had vanished the moment I was looking down into my mother's eyes.

My son.

She had never forgotten about me. Twelve years later and she still recognized me. I couldn't describe how I was feeling right now and no words in this would could probably describe this kind of happiness I was feeling. A few tears were falling down my cheeks. Tears of joy, tears of happiness. You could call me a pussy all you want right now but I couldn't care less because all I cared about was my mother and I standing across from each other and looking into each others eyes. That was what truly mattered.

My mom came closer to me, laying her head on my chest and wrapping my around my middle. She was so small and little that I found it so adorable. I wrapped my hands around her too and held her close by me. My eyes fluttered close and I savored every second of this moment.

"You are really here," my mother said quietly, sobbing and hugging me tigther.

"Yes I am here," I confirmed. I kissed the top of her head and then I put her face in my hands and wiped her tears away. "And I'm not going anywhere," I assured, looking right into her eyes.

My mother smiled at that and then she let out a happy sigh. This time she wiped the tears coming from my eyes away and then she pulled me into another tight hug. I laughed lightly and hugged her back. Turning my head to the right I saw Cassie wiping away some tears. I smiled because I knew that she was not crying out of sadness but because she was happy for me and I appreciated it. It was because of her that I was standing here now and that I was holding my mother in my arms again after years. I pulled away from the hug and then I pulled my arms around my mother's shoulder and motioned for Cassie to come over. She ran her hand through her hair and then she walked over to us.

"Mom, this is Cassie," I said and pulled her a little closer, "my girlfriend."

"What a beautiful girl," my mom said, looking at me. Then she got out of my grip and walked over to Cassie to hug her. "Hello Cassie, I'm Pattie."

"Hello Pattie," Cassie said shyly, hugging my mother back. "It's so nice to meet you," she smiled after she pulled back and looked at my mother. My mom said that it was nice to meet her too and then she said to me that I got myself a beautiful girl. I had to agree on that with her.

Mom didn't want us to stay outside anymore so she invited us into the house. I took Cassie's hand and then we followed my mom inside the house. The moment I stepped in I immediately noticed the difference. Sure it had been years ago that I had been but I still remembered how the house looked like when I was nine years old, believe me. We were standing in the hall that lead to the living room. I looked so much better than I remembered it, the walls were white instead of the ugly brown the used to be and there was a little cabinet where you could put shoes in it and a small mirrow above. The living-room looked good too. The walls were cream white and the furniture was modern and had the color of black and white. The dining-room that was connected to they  living-room looked totally different too with all the new funiture. I was glad that it looked like this because when I was little it looked a lot worse. We didn't really have a lot of money to make this place look wonderful like it did now. A lot of pictures were decorating the wall and when I looked at them I remembered some. I saw a picture of myself when I was little and I chuckled at it. So mom really kept all these things huh?