sixteen.

Cassie

A month and a half later

"I will fucking beat you if you don't stop being so annoying," I said sharply to Emilia through the phone. She had been so annoying for the past ten minutes and whining about the most pointless things. Sometimes I wondered how we even became best friends.

"Okay, I wanna see how you wanna do that," she giggled. "Have fun driving to Stanford for five hours," she added and I rolled my eyes at her, even though she couldn't see. She was lucky she lived so far away right now or else I would have already done something to her.

"Shut up, Em," I said to her and then I laid down on my bed, putting my phone on speaker and laying it on my chest. I heard Emilia laugh at me and call me stupid afterwards.

"What are you doing today?" She then asked me after her laughter had died down and we had talked about other random things.

"I have no idea," I answered her question. "I'm gonna go downstairs later and see what the others are doing," I carried on. Kyra and I actually wanted to do something today but then she got and important call and she had to leave the house immediately. Since then I sat in my bedroom and called Emilia so I wouldn't be bored all day. I wished that Lenny and Will would give me something to do. Nothing much, just something little so I wouldn't always be in my room or spend my money on clothes and bother Kyra to go out with me all the time because I had nothing to do and I was bored.

But I knew that I first had to gain their trust back since what happend the other time when I was involved in gang business. I had worked hard on myself with the help of Lenny and Kyra and I felt so much more confident doing what I was doing and I hoped that soon enough I would get my chance to show everyone that I got it.

"Good. How is everything with Justin going?" Emilia asked me.

"Better. We communicate again and spend more time together," I replied. Things between Justin and I had become better over the last four weeks. It was not as perfect as it used to be but we were not completely ignoring each other anymore and I was grateful that we were getting along and I hoped that the rest would just come in time.

Justin had sincerely apologized to me for being a douchbag and yelling at me and he told me that he would try to be a better boyfriend to me. I forgave him of course because I have a weakness for staying mad at him, especially when he gave me the most adorable looks and spoke the sweetest words.

We hung out more when he didn't have to work and I was not out with my friends and in the evenings, the time we were having in our bedroom was beyond words, if you get what I mean.

Other than that everything was going good between us and I was really happy about that.

"That's good. That's great," she said to me happily and I told her that it really was amazing. "Is la puta still around?" she wanted to know, asking about Liliana and insulting her while she did it.

"Of course," I responded, rolling my eyes. Even though Justin and I were closer to each other again she just didn't get the hint to back off. I seriously had no idea how many more hints she needed and what I had to do to make her go away. She was such a pain in the ass and so unbelievably annoying, I just didn't understand how Justin could hang out with her for more than an hour.

"Next time I come I'll make sure that she's gone," she said over the phone.

"Thank you," I answered her and she replied, saying that it was no problem and it would be a pleasure to get rid of her. To me it would defintely be a pleasure too.