fifteen.

Justin

I closed the door to Liliana's room quietly after I had brought her to bed and made sure she was asleep. She fell asleep right immediately but I didn't blame her at all because I was tired as hell, we all were. We had been on this mission for around six hours and thankfully we had our money back because if we didn't it would have been such a waste of time and energy but then again, when did this gang ever fail a mission? It was probably the best decision to join this gang.

I made my way to my bedroom and when I arrived at the room I opened the door because Cassie was probably sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up. When I entered the room I saw that our bed was untouched and I wondered where she was. Then I remembered that it was almost nine in the morning and she was probably already up and maybe in the kitchen or out for a jogg or she just stayed with Kyra the night like she did the other two days.

I knew that I had been hard to her last night because the mission didn't go how it was supposed to be and it was actually not really her fault but it was still upsetting. I wished she had listened to me and stayed home but I should have known that her stubborn ass wouldn't listen to me and just go along with my decision for once. I didn't do it to punish her or something, I just wanted to keep her safe since it was my job to do so and taking her to mission where guns were involved was not exactly safe for someone with a lack of experience. Especially in this business.

But she wouldn't see it like that and I was asking myself if I should even bother talking with her about it. I only knew that I had to apologize to her for my behaviour because that was really not okay and I realized it but all I wanted to do now was to go to bed and sleep for a good few hours because I was exhausted as fuck. Walking into my closet, I took my shoes and put them on the side and afterwards I undressed until I was in my boxers only. I walked out again and then I went straight to my side of the bed and laid down. I felt so good to be lying in my bed after this long night and I didn't want to be anywhere else at this moment. My eyes fluttered close and I waited for sleep to overcome me.

At that exact moment I heard the door of our room open and I knew that it was Cassie because who else would come into our bedroom without knocking and besides they all were busy trying to sleep anyways. I didn't open my eyes but I was listening to every step she made. I kept my eyes closed because if I opened them I knew that she would want to talk and I was not in the mood to talk even though I knew that we had a few things to talk about. All I wanted to do was sleep. She was walking slow, probably because she thought I was sleeping and she didn't want to wake me up. I heard the bathroom door open and close a little while later I heard the sound of water running.

A few minutes after she had turned off the shower I heard the door of the bathroom close and then I felt the mattress lower next to me. I didn't know why but I really had the feeling that she was not facing me and that her back was turned to me. I wanted to open my eyes and look and maybe pull her closer to me but I decided against it because it was not appropriate, not after what was going on between us lately.

I felt Cassie moving next to me and the next second I felt her body close to mine. The smell of strawberries, from her lotion that I loved so much, filled my nostrils. She sighed heavily and let her fingers trail over my cheek, then she whispered I love you and pressed a kiss on my cheek after.

Cassie then scooted away from me and went back to the position she was before. This time I opened my eyes and turned my head a little so I could look at her. Her back was faced to me as I thought it would be and I was wondering what was going through her head. It had been a while since I had heard her saying she loved me but then again we didn't talk that much and I knew the reason why.

We were slowly drifting apart and I knew that I could do something about it but I didn't just because I didn't want to lose Liliana as a friend but at the same time I didn't want to lose Cassie as my girlfriend.