twelve.

Cassie

The next day I woke up after Emilia moved next to me in the bed and stood up. I didn't open my eyes just yet and I let my mind wake up completely. My head was aching just a little bit because I had not slept much last night but I tried to ignore the small stinging in my head. A few minutes later Emilia came back on the bed and that was when I opened my eyes to look up at her.

"Hey," she said softly. "How are you doing?"

I sat up and leaned my body against the headboard. I shrugged at her question and looked away from her. I was not over last night and it was really bothering me still that Justin had not been honest with me. I knew that I had to talk to him about it because if I didn't I was going to go crazy. I just had to know why he did what he did last night.

I felt Emilia's hands wrapping around my body and her lips pressing against my right cheek. "Babe listen, it's going to be alright. I know that this is not what you want to hear but after beating his ass and getting the truth out of him everything will be alright."

A light giggle escaped my mouth. That's why I loved Emilia, she knew how to make me smile even if I didn't feel like doing so. I hugged her back and told her I loved her, then I decided that it would be the best if I went to my room to shower and get ready and probably talk to Justin about last night.

I stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. I walked across the hall until I was standing in front of mine and Justin's bedroom. I held the door handle but I didn't open the door immediately. I was thinking about what I would say to him if he was inside the room. After a little while I just opened the door and walked inside. Justin was no where to be found. I was kind of relieved but also very disappointed that he wasn't because he could have been with her at this very moment. For all I know he could have kissed her when I left and then they spent the night together. Cassie, stop thinking about that. I sighed and made my way to the bathroom so I just could relax under the shower...

After my shower I walked out of the bathroom and there was still no sign of Justin. I glanced at my phone and it was a few minutes after noon. I had no idea where he could be because he never told me something.

I went into my closet and picked out some really comfortable clothes because I was not going anywhere today. I was not in the mood to do anything anyway. When I was fully dressed I stepped out of the closet and walked to the mirror to look at my own reflection. I had bags under my eyes and I looked so exhausted even though I had just taken a shower to freshen myself up. I stared at my reflection for a while and all of the sudden my face started changing and I narrowed my eyes because I had no idea what was going on. Then it was not my own reflection looking back at me but it was Liliana's. She had an evil smirk on her face and her eyes were filled with hatred.

"I will always be better than you," her voice rang through my ears. Then she laughed at me and the sentence kept repeating in my head. I closed my eyes and shook my head, trying to get her voice out of it but it didn't work. I dropped my head and brought my hands up to cover my ears because I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear her.

"No," I whispered and shook my head harder than before and finally her voice disappeared. I slowly opened my eyes and lifted my head to look at the mirror and I was relieved when I was looking at myself again. "Fuck," I cussed under my breath. She was really getting inside my head. I really tried to deny what she had said to me but the sad thing was that deep down I actually believed that she was better than me.

After a while I heard the door of our bedroom open and the beat of my heart picked up because I knew that it was Justin. His voice rang through the room because he was talking to someone on the phone. I turned around so I could face him and our eyes met. He smiled a little bit but I kept my lips in a firm line. He continued talking to the person on the phone while he slowly came towards me but I really wanted him to stay just were he was.