fourteen.

Cassie

I sat in the car next to Kyra and looked out of the window, my mind being everywhere but here. This night had been horrible and I had been so upset and also felt bad for ruining the misson for the others. Well, it didn't go so bad because we got two of three bags of money back but Giovanni ran away with the last one. I shouldn't have come. I should have stayed home and watched some movies or something because then they would have gotten what they wanted and everything would be alright. I never meant to ruin it for anyone. I should have just done as Justin told me to and shot Giovanni before he could get away.

Justin was really upset about this entire situation. I think he was the most upset of them all. After everything had happend and I had dropped my gun he was screaming at me and he told me, I quote: "Why the fuck didn't you just do as I told you right away? If you had shoot him he wouldn't have gotten away from us with the damn money. Now see what happend? I told you to not fucking come and to stay home but your stubborn ass didn't want to listen. Now see what we fucking got from it. Fucking hell."

I didn't answer him. I was too intimidated and too embarrassed to say something. Kyra came to hug me immediately and told him to chill and not be so hard to me because it was my first time but to me it was a big deal and a lot of money. Will came up to me as well and told me that it was okay and that they would figure out another way to get the money back and that I shouldn't worry or think about it. I nodded at him and told him I wouldn't but knowing me, I definitely would.

So here I sat, in the back of the car, looking out of the window and repeating tonights events in my head over and over. The fact that I had screwed up didn't bother me so much anymore after Will had talked to me and assured me that everything would be okay. What really bothered me was the way Justin had talked to me earlier and how he was towards me anyway the past few days. Justin had been mad at me in the past but he has never been that mad at me ever and this was not even something that concerned me or him personally. I didn't know what I had done to deserve this because he treated me like shit for no valid reason and it began to piss me off but it also made me pretty sad because I had no idea what that would mean for our relationship if you could still call that a relationship. He was so caught up with Liliana and it seemed like there was no room for me anymore.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I turned my head to the other side to see Kyra giving me a worried look. She asked me if I was alright and if there was anything she could do for me.

The answer was that she couldn't. No one could help me but myself and even I had no idea how to help myself. The only possible way to solve this problem would be to get rid of Liliana but I knew that I couldn't do that by myself. She had more power than me anyway. She would never go away. And everytime I wanted to do something against the situation I decided to keep quiet because I didn't want to ruin everything with Justin.

I just gave Kyra a small smile and told her that I was alright and that she shouldn't worry much about me. I would be fine eventually. I had to be. I couldn't be down like this forever. Tomorrow was going to be a new day and things would probably be a little bit better by then.

When we arrived at our house Will wanted us to meet up in the meeting room immediately so we could disscuss everything that happend tonight and see what we would do about it. I was not happy about the fact that my mistakes had to be brought up again but I had to live with that and besides, everybody makes mistakes right? So it couldn't be that bad. In case it was really bad I at least knew that Kyra, Lenny and Will weren't mad at me and that made up for Justin having a problem with me screwing up tonight.

We all went to the meeting room and sat down, waiting for Will, who was currently on the phone, to start talking. I sat between Kyra and Lenny, my head resting on Kyra's shoulder while I was staring at the gun that was in front of me. I still couldn't believe that I had actually used a gun against somebody. Thankfully I didn't kill the guy but it was still just a weird feeling to know that I had shot someone and I never thought that I would ever need to do something like that. But I also never thought that I would run away from home and my brother would be looking for me everywhere or that my relationship would be in the state it was now but I guess the unexpected things should always be expected.