twenty-two.

Cassie

I couldn't sleep. I was staring at the ceiling and different things were running through my mind. It was five in morning. Normally I would be sleeping like a baby at this late hour but this night I couldn't get myself to sleep. I kept imagining how it looked like when Liliana pressed her lips against Justin's and then I got madder than I already was at her but I remembered to stay calm and not let the anger get the best of me again. It would just lead to me trying to beat the hell out of her again and I think I already did enough. I also didn't want to piss the rest of the gang off. It was already bad enough that I started a fight but oh well, I didn't care at all. If they wanted to be mad at me they should. I had a reason to do what I did and if they didn't understand, not my problem.

I had not seen anyone of the gang since the fight. After I had left the house when I had talked to Justin, I just walked around the streets and tried to calm down. It took me a while until I felt alright again but eventually I got rid of all the angry energy in me. I took my time to go home. I wanted to stay outside as long as I could so I wouldn't have to talk to any one of them because I was really not in the mood. If they talked to me they would just bring up what happend between Liliana and I and I didn't need to get pissed off again. So I went up to the hills and waited until the sun went down and it got a little darker before I made my way back home.

When I arrived home, I tried to be as quiet as possible because I didn't want anyone to notice me. They all were still outside anyway, I heard the music coming from there. They were probably having fun and that was good. I didn't want them to stop the plans for the day just because I made a scene earlier.

I walked up the stairs and opened the door to my room to find nobody in there. I went to the closet and took a few things to change in and my pj's and then I made my way out of the room again because I was not going to sleep there. I walked down the hall and entered the next guest room. I put all my things on the bed and then I went to the bathroom, undressed and took a shower. After that I laid down on the bed and started thinking. About Justin, about Liliana, about the situation, about my relationship, about everything literally. At night you always overthink and that's exactly what I did and that's exactly why I was still up at five in the morning.

I sat up and turned the small light on the nightstand on. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I knew that I was not going to sleep anytime soon and nobody in this house was probably awake now to keep me company, I mean why would they? It's so early still.

I needed to do something, I couldn't just lay here and do nothing but thinking. This was not good for my brain.

I stood up from the bed and made my way out of the door. I walked down the hall until I stood in front mine and Justin's bedroom. I opened the door slowly so it wouldn't make any noise because I didn't want to wake him up. I left the door open a little and then I went over to the closet. Entering it, I quickly looked for my sports bra and pants so I could go running and clear my head like that. After I found what I was looking for, I took my running shoes and then I was out of the room. I went back to the other room and changed and after that I took my phone and plugged my headphones in, then I made my way to the backyard.

The garden was big, I could just run some laps here instead of going out. I turned the music on, put my headphones in my ear and then I started running.

Forty-five minutes later I was done with running and I felt so much better after that. I had ran twelve laps around the garden and it was exhausting because I was not used to working out much but it felt good not to think and just focus on the running and music that was ringing through my ears. I was catching my breath after this workout and I was in need of a lot of water and a hot shower right now.