seven.

Justin

Cassie, the gang and I were all seated in the living-room on the couch and watched some action movie on TV. Cassie and I were cuddled up together, my arm around her and her head on my chest. She was very focused on the movie but I wasn't. While everyone was watching the movie I was in thoughts. One thought in particular.

My Family.

Since Cassie had brought it up earlier it was all I could think about. I never really thought about my parents. I just kept the thought of them in the back of my head so I didn't have to think about what had happend twelve years ago when I was taken away from them.

It had been hard to grow up in forster care with people who would never care about you like your real parents would. Well, in my case it had been like that. Thank God I had Cassie's parents to take care of me as well and show me some love. They were just like parents to me and they helped me through a lot. I really needed that and to this date I appreciate what they had done for me.

But thinking about meeting my parents again made me go all nervous. I mean it had been twelve years. So much had changed and happend and I had no idea what I would do if I saw them again. What if they didn't want to see me or if they didn't remember me anymore and moved on with their lives? I had to move on too right? So why wouldn't they do the same?

I was so curious to know what they were doing now and if they thought about me in all those years. I wanted to know what they had been doing when I was gone and if they were alright. I wanted to know if my dad had still anger issues or if they were gone and he was okay now. I wanted to know if my mother got away from all the alcohol and if the fights between my parents had stopped now. I was wondering if my mother was still as beautiful as I remember her with her green eyes and her brown hair. And my father ... I was wondering if he was still so strong and manly like I had him in my memories, always protecting me from the bad. He was good man. He was my idol. I wanted to know if they were well and healthy because that was the most important thing.

What if they are dead?

I think I stopped breathing for a second when that thought crossed my mind. I never thought about that and to be quite honest I never wanted to think about that. They couldn't be. I had to see them again. At least once. Thinking about it I didn't really realize how many chances I had to actually meet them. I lived here in L.A, the city they also lived in, if they didn't move away of course. Maybe they even lived in the same house we lived twelve years ago. All I had to do was go there and check if there were still there and if they weren't I had ways to find them. I had to. Before it was too late.

"Baby are you okay?" I heard Cassie soft voice speak to me. I looked down and met her brown eyes.

"Yeah I'm good baby," I answered her with a nod.

"Really? You seemed off. If anything is wrong you can tell me, you know that right?" she said to me, not believing that what I had said was true. I realized that I was really lucky to have a girl that cared about me and my feelings. I smiled at her.

"I was just thinking," I said and placed a kiss on her forehead. She still looked at me, probably trying to find any traits of a lie or whatever but eventually she nodded and mumbled an okay and then she focused on the movie again.

I went back to thinking again and I thought about taking action soon in meeting my parents. Soon as in tomorrow or the day after that. Maybe I should take Cassie with me so I could introduce her to them if I had the chance to see them again. That would be fucking perfect. The thought of it made me excited and nervous at the same time. I was feeling like a little kid again but could you blame me?