nineteen.

Justin

I drove through the gate of our house and parked my car in the garage. I had been working all afternoon and handled some other things that were related to my family and then I went spending the evening with my family because my mother had called and asked if I wanted to come over and since I had no plans at all, I went. I had some quality time with my family and I got to spend a lot of time with my siblings and they were just way too amazing. It was great to be a big brother.

I entered the house and went upstairs to my bedroom. I hoped to find Cassie there because I had to talk to her about some things Lenny said to me yesterday and I also had to apologize to her for everything I had done. I had thought about the 'putting Liliana first' thing and I didn't even see it that way. I had spend a lot of time with Liliana but it was just in a friendly kind of way and nothing romantic. Maybe we were flirting with each other sometimes but it was just that and it would never be something more.

I walked into the bedroom and didn't see Cassie in there as I expected. Normally she would be with Kyra at this time but that couldn't be the case this time because Kyra was at work. Maybe she was downstairs with the others and watching TV or something, I would just go down and check in a minute.

I walked inside the closet and looked for something comfortable to wear because I had been in jeans all day and it was getting really annoying. I put a pair of sweats on and a hoodie and then I walked out of the closet and headed downstairs.

I stepped into the living-room and I saw everyone in there but Cassie. Lenny was sitting in the corner and doing something on his phone, the boys were laughing at the latest Maury Show episode that was on TV and Liliana was painting her nails.

"Hey guys," I said and I got everyone's attention but Lenny's. "Do you guys know where Cassie is?" I asked them and they just shrugged and shook their heads no. I frowned and turned around to go upstairs again and take my phone, that was charging, upstairs so I could call Cassie and find out where she was.

Just when I was about to walk out of the room a voice from the back of the room stopped. "Cassie is in Stanford."

"She is what?" I asked as I turned around to look at Lenny and my eyes widened even though I heard Lenny loud and clearly. What the hell was she doing in Stanford?

"You heard me. She is in Stanford, visiting her best friend," Lenny said to me while he was still looking down at his phone.

"Shit. And how did she get there?" I wanted to know. Cassie had not bought a car here yet and all of my cars were in the garage for sure so she couldn't have taken them.

"She asked me for my car and since I'm not using it, I gave it to her so she could drive to Emilia," Lenny answered me and lifted his head to look at me.

To be honest, Lenny was starting to piss me off because he was always around Cassie, acting like he knew her better than I did, giving her things and driving and picking her up everywhere when that was supposed to be my damn job. He seriously needed to back off and get his own girlfriend. And I didn't understand why Cassie wouldn't ask me if she needed anything.

"Why wouldn't she tell me about this?" I asked out loud but I actually meant to ask myself that question.

This was so unlike Cassie. She always told me where she went you I wouldn't have to worry and now that she was just gone like that without saying a word it was beyond confusing to me.

"How would I know?" Lenny replied with an eyebrow raised.

"Were you the only one who knew?"