Silence

After a couple days, Nightscream was at least a little better. He was still on edge. But he didn't go out of his way to avoid everyone now. You could usually find him by Steeljaw or Drift, they didn't try and pry into his life. So in Nightscream's eyes, they were perfectly safe to spend time with. Bumblebee caught him staring at a stasis pod. He wasn't doing anything, he wasn't even looking at the con inside, more or less looking at his own reflection. When asked, Nightscream only said that he was just thinking, and to buzz off. He was moody, that's for sure. But he was still a kid, barely into his first year at the police academy.

Bumblebee tried his best to be patient with him. Nightscream would still go on patrol when asked, and hadn't really done anything worth suspicion. He just didn't like opening up. Bee was thinking about calling Arcee in order to learn more about this Echo, maybe even getting him to Earth. Early field experience or something, who knows. Problem was, contact with Cybertron had been dark for awhile now. It was sort of an elephant in the room. Everyone knew that Arcee was late to pick up her last 2 rounds of pods. Optimus and Steeljaw had been conversing over it for some time now. It was unlike her to be late for this sort of thing, and she was stressed out enough as is, often finding Earth as an escape. She wouldn't miss something like this.

Necrosis' attacks were small, and to a minimum. Mostly trying to defend the warship, and to stop the arrests of other Decepticons. Everything was at a stalemate again. Turns out, Necrosis did attempt to recruit Nightscream at one point, although it was Ariacnhid who came. She freaked him out, and definitely didn't take his "no" very well. He thought he was screwed at the time, sure. But he didn't want to make it worse.

"Bumblebee, regarding Arcee." Optimus spoke "yeah?" He replied "when was the last time you were able to contact her?" Optimus asked "about 2 months ago. Your worried too, aren't you?" Optimus nodded solemnly "I am concerned. We both know how precise she can be. It is unlike her." He said, Bumblebee nodded his head in agreement "something's wrong, I'm just not sure what." Bumblebee looked at the ground, this was his fiance, his best friend they were talking about. Of course he was worried, that feeling ate away at him deeply. He just wanted one call or visit, just to tell him that she was ok, and that something had just gone to slag and she was busy. He sighed "getting back to Cybertron to figure it out won't be easy." Optimus shook his head "no, but it is not as if we have not done something similar before." Bumblebee cracked a smile "yeah, your right about that."

Steeljaw then came by "Fixit found a ship signal. It's coming close." Bee looked up "con?" Steeljaw shrugged "to early to tell. And honestly, I'm not sure." Steeljaw replied "let's go find out then." Optimus stated.

And so they did, hoping that his ship would have some good news. Things were too silent

Hope this was a good chapter, even though it was short. Writer's block plus other stories are fun.
-Alexsismindina :)