Chapter 4 | Long Time Coming

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

"Are you going to keep doing that?" Raze questions and I nod, not looking up at him. I'm keeping myself occupied and it helps.

He sighs and refocuses on the meeting while I continue my knitting. It's for the baby. Our baby. I still can't comprehend it. I get giddy with excitement when I think about it. At least when I can manage to ignore the fear in my body.

I've been a mess for the last two days. Hearing that even in my body, the place where a baby is supposed to be the safest, hearing that they aren't even safe in there... It devastated me.

I lost my mind. I wanted to run away to Ravia in the hopes that I could protect my baby there but that was a futile endeavor. I was frightened and I still am.

But I'm finally feeling a little more like myself. Which is the version of me who's furious at Raze for provoking a war.

Speaking of my lovely husband.

He's conversing with the royal army and he's telling them what to do and how to do it. He's a general, he's good at this stuff. I know he wants my help but he's not getting it.

He initiated this war so he can fucking terminate it.

I'm not going to do anything about it. I'm pregnant. All I'm focusing on is this baby. I need peace! Literal peace! Madam Eira and Aceso already cautioned me that I'm having an extremely stressful pregnancy.

Yeah no shit.

"You know what? This is enough for now, you can all leave." He states.

I place my tiny sock down and get up too, though my husband stops me from fleeing, "Not you."

I return to my seat and refocus on my baby's sock.

"Darling, please."

"What?" I question without looking up at him.

"You know I need your help. If not help at least your support."

"I'm right here."

"That's not the same and you know it."

I sigh, spotting the sock on my lap and glancing at the crouched man in front of me. "You started a fucking war. I understand why you needed to kill him. I do. But I'm angry at you."

"You've been angry for a month... I missed holding you. Kissing you. I miss everything about you."

"We kissed, held each other, and did a lot of things just two days ago. Angel," I smile softly, "I love you, I always will. I just- you don't understand why I'm this mad."

"Then tell me. I want to understand, Fal. I want to know, my love."

I cup his cheeks and jerk him to me, kissing his lips gives me the ability to breathe again. Raze immediately takes matters into his own hands and heaves me into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist before pressing me against the couch again. I can feel him harden against me, "Raze," I moan and he smiles.