Chapter 21 | Assassin

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

He's so damn stubborn. Extremely stubborn! Mind-numbingly stubborn!

"Raze, no. I got this."

"I'll stay out of your way and-"

"No," I laugh.

He sighs, "I'll wait outside. At least grant me that privilege." his hand is on my cheek, trying to soothe me and make me melt into his palm so I'll agree. It's almost working... Because I do melt like a piece of chocolate left too long under the sun.

But... He is trying to compromise.

"You don't have to. I've done this a thousand times before."

"I know... But be honest, would you let me go on my own? Wouldn't you want to wait nearby just in case?" He counters and I sigh. His thumb brushes over my chin, underneath my lip, making me smile a little.

"Yes... But I want you to stay here and take care of Faye. Because she sure as hell can't come along."

He seems very annoyed and he's about to argue that she can stay here with her aunts and uncles. I move on top of his lap, straddling him while I thread my hands into his hair. "Stay with Faye. I got this. I don't want any guards around. Where's the fun in that?"

"I know that the will I survive this? part might be exciting but you can't risk that anymore, darling. So if you don't want me luring outside, take Dane."

I laugh at him, finally giving in. I press my forehead against his, giving him a little push. His dimples pop out as he smiles, "Fine. You annoying stubborn man." He drapes his arms around my waist, hugging me to his body as he places soft kisses on my chest. "Are you really that worried?" I ask, gently tugging at his hair to make him look at me.

"I always am..." He twists us around, throwing me onto the bed. His body is perfectly pressed against mine and our bodies are entangled. I laugh and Raze kisses the corner of my mouth, my smile...

"I know you'll finish that job perfectly." He says, his lips teasing mine while his arms are beside my head, he's using them as support to keep himself up. "I'm rather thinking about how I'm going to rip this dress off of you."

"Nuh-uh, no ripping. It's a pretty one." I counter, grasping his hand and moving it over the red fabric.

"It is a pretty one." He smirks, leaning down to kiss my neck in a way that makes me burst out into laughter.

"Raze!" I giggle. "Okay stop," I continue to laugh. "I'm getting teary-eyed," I state, thinking that'll stop him. It does, momentarily.

"I love your glossy eyes. They bewitch me." He pecks my lips moving back to my neck again while I basically scream from laughter. "Faye has your eyes." He then claims.