Chapter 23 | Queens' Ball

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

"Can you describe the rage for me?"

"Sure," I try to find the right words to explain it but I can't find them. So instead I glance around the grim room. My eyes land on the knife on the table that was meant for the food and I hurl it across the room, piercing it through the wall. "It feels like that actually."

"Hmm," Lewis nods, watching me carefully. "How does that rage make you feel?"

"Lonely. Enraged. Sad. Out of control."

"Out of control..." He repeats and I elaborate on that.

"It's... When Zale said that he didn't believe me, I wanted to hurt him. Like actually hurt him. I would never do it. But I wanted to make him feel the way his words made me feel. And that terrifies me. My emotions frighten me. What if I lose control?" I sigh, running my hand through my hair.

"No one believes me, Lewis... It's unbearable. And I feel like I'm insane. I'm afraid because no one sees what I see. It's been weeks since I first thought that he was here... But I can't act out on the things that I see because they're making me question if it's even there. If it's even real... All I want is to snuggle up with Faye and stay away from everyone."

He raises his brow at me when I say that, "Even from Raze?"

I nod, "Yeah... He doesn't believe me either. I know he doesn't. And I'm pretending like I'm okay when I am not. I am hearing things. And seeing things. But no one else sees them. It makes me question everything."

"What is it that you hear and see?"

"I saw his face. When I looked out the window a few days ago. I felt his presence. But somehow he blended in with the trees and then I couldn't see him anymore. I... Maybe I did imagine that but I hear his voice. I hear him whispering my name at night. Raze never does."

"Have you told him what you hear?"

"No," I shake my head. "He'll think that I'm insane. If he doesn't already."

"Okay," Lewis nods. "If that's what you believe then I agree."

He makes me frown and I'm already stressed out so I don't need his aggravating little remarks. "What do you mean?"

"You believe that Raze, the man who loves you more than he loves himself, wouldn't take a second to listen to you? That he wouldn't at least try to understand you? If that's what you believe then I do too."

I sigh, "Stop mindfucking me. I want him to believe me. I want and need his support. But I'm afraid that he won't believe me because every time I said anything about Deimos, Raze had an entirely logical justification as to why he was not here. He'll do it again. He won't believe me. And if he doesn't believe me, I'll truly be alone. I don't want that. I'll lose my mind."