Chapter 5 | Nursery

( a/n: there's a fun surprise waiting for you at the end of this chapter so make sure to scroll all the way down!)

( POV: RAZE AEDEN RAVIA )

She's beautiful. From her smile all the damn way to the birthmark on her shoulder. I never thought I could love someone this much. I tell her every day but it still isn't enough. I want to tell her every minute, every second. Once she entered my heart I thought that was it. There's no space for anyone else left. But she somehow changed this tiny ice block of a heart of mine into a grand palace. Every room has someone special in it now. Though most rooms just have her in them. She's still everywhere.

The main room, the essence of my palace is filled with portraits of her. Of our Wolveleon, Arcane... Something I couldn't see before but I can clearly see now, is that there's an empty canvas nearby. One ready to be painted. A room in my heart ready to be filled. I didn't think it possible, I thought loving one person would exhaust me as it was but... I'm more than ready for you. I'm thrilled to have you, hold you, and love you. The both of you. You two are my greatest achievements in life. Nothing else will ever come close.

She's asleep at the moment. You should see her. Her brows all furrowed, her lips in a slight pout, and her arms wrapped around Arcane. I think I'm going to join her. There is no better feeling in the world than holding her. And now that you're here too... I can hold my entire family with just my arms. Your mother, Arcane, and you. In order of arrival not in order of who I love the most... I never knew this could be possible but it's a different kind of love. I love your mother in a way that I could never you and I love you in a way that I could never love her. I'm awful at describing it but what I mean is that you two not only have my heart but are my heart.

I can't wait for you to grow, for you to come out into our world. I can't wait to meet you, darling... Don't worry I'll find a cuter pet name just for you. I wouldn't want to confuse you and your mother... Though I could say big darling and little darling but that doesn't roll off the tongue does it?

Until I find another,
I love you, my little darling.

- Raze Aeden Ravia

I close the book and crawl back into bed behind Fallon. I brush the strands of hair that have fallen out of her bun away from her face before I kiss her cheek and nuzzle into her neck.

She hums sweetly but startles me when she tightly grasps my hand. I glance down at her and see that she has the tiniest beads of sweat on her forehead. I feel her cheeks, she feels slightly hot but not too much.

A normal person would wait but I don't. I can't be normal when it comes to her. I press the button which alerts the guards to enter the room and ask Pedro to bring me Madam Eira, immediately.