Chapter 22 | Lost

( POV: ZALE FEARSEY )

"Morning, sunshine." I smirk, grabbing her by her waist as I tug her onto my lap and kiss her soft skin. She laughs, her hand threading into my hair.

"When did I become Sorin?" She teases, her soft voice sounding like music to my ears.

I move back just a little, enough to see her better, "Hmm, he needs another nickname then since I quite enjoy calling you that."

Mera smiles, leaning in to brush her lips against mine. A harmony of groans and disgusted sounds fills the dining room. I only deepen the kiss when I hear it. Mera's the one to break it first, she slightly pulls back, kissing my cheek before she settles beside me. I keep my arm wrapped around her waist and I can't stop myself from kissing her hair and holding her close.

"When does the newlywed curse end? The honeymoon phase should've ended a long time ago." Sorin says just to piss me off.

"Leave them be," Corvina shrugs. "I think it's cute. Only they don't have to shove it in my face every morning. It is slightly nauseating." She says, nodding to her own words as she tries not to insult us.

"Whatever. Who cares?" Morana shrugs, glancing down at her fork as she continues to eat, entirely unbothered.

Tariq smiles at her and I don't miss how he places his hand on her thigh. I also don't miss how she doesn't move his hand off and instead moves her hand to his, intertwining their hands.

I make sure Mera sees it as well, I know she still dislikes her and I hope her seeing them together might ease her hatred. I can't blame her for disliking her.

"Hmm," she sighs, "Good for her."

"I love that attitude of yours," I whisper to her and she chuckles.

"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry!" I hear my sister's giggly voice as she rushes to the table, her husband behind her with my niece in his arms.

"Oh, give her to me! Is she awake?" I call out, watching Birdie smile and nod.

"Yeah, she is." She glances over at Raze and he reluctantly hands her over, kissing her forehead before doing so. Fal walks over to me, telling me to properly hold my arms out for her. I smile down at Faye when I see those big green eyes of hers staring up at me.

"Hello, little bird."

She's a precious little thing. Beautiful, adorable, everything at once. I'm more than proud to be her uncle. "Well, aren't you enjoying your life, huh? Eat, sleep, shit! Sounds perfect to me."

Mera chuckles while I notice Fallon suddenly step away from us. She seems distracted by something so I just let her be, refocusing on the adorable baby in my arms.

"You are one pretty baby," Mera whispers to Faye, rubbing her hand over her belly.

"You know-"

"Don't." She says, making me laugh and kiss her cheek.