Chapter 12 | Family Secrets

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

What is it with women throwing themselves at him? Why do they always run toward him with crazy eyes and open arms? It's honestly hard to understand. I mean it isn't because I want to run into his arms too but they don't get to do that.

It started with Moran- well actually it started with Zillah and that annoying green-eyed beauty. Then came Morana, Adelin my mother!! And now her.

I know he hasn't been in Hulsa before so I don't think she's a part of his past but then again she could've traveled here from god knows where.

His confused expression and strong arm around my waist tell me that he has no idea who she is. I hold onto him too, my jealous side taking over.

"Dane, that's enough. Let the poor girl up." I sigh.

He doesn't want to but he listens and pulls the girl up, keeping hold of her hands behind her back. She doesn't seem less smiley though so I suppose that's good.

"I'm asking you again, who are you?" Raze repeats his previous question.

"You don't know?! Kira Adler doesn't ring a bell?"

Raze seems to recognize something, I can tell from the way the muscles in his face seem to relax.

"Sister, leave the man alone. They just got here." another man entering the room says. Eli instantly grabs him but Raze motions him to let go.

I sigh and let go of Raze, settling on top of the bed. Standing for too long hurts, especially now with the pain I feel in my pelvis. Raze instantly crouches down in front of me, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, angel. Just needed to sit. Can we please find out who these people are?" I just wanted a nap.

A shower. A nap. And food. That's all I wanted.

Raze nods, kissing my forehead before refocusing on the man and woman- apparently siblings- in front of us. Once our guards let them go, they drop to a respectful curtsy.

"My apologies, Empress. We didn't mean to cause you any distress."

I shake my head, telling them it's fine. The man continues, "Forgive my sister's excitement, Emperor. We were meeting you tomorrow but she got overly excited. We are Elias and Kira Adler. Children of Thea Adler, your aunt."

Oh.

Cousins.

They're his cousins.