Chapter 37 | Parents & Children

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

It's been an hour.

I can't find my baby and it's been one whole hour. And I don't even know when exactly they took her away. Everything I ate earlier feels like heavy bricks in my stomach. I should never have left her alone. It's my fault for being so stupid.

I'm momentarily sitting down on the deck to think about places that I might have overlooked. I'm keeping an eye on the lake as our guards are on our boats, surveilling the area. Since we came back they've been doing that often but right now the lake is covered with those small boats.

No one else can come to us via this lake because it's been secured. Barriers build from the ground up with gates far away, triggered to electrocute anyone that comes near it without entering the correct code. That's the part that the guards check. Everything is intact. They couldn't have entered this way.

Generally, I'm good with strategies. I mean I would know our vulnerable zones but... But I can't. Nothing comes to mind right now. I have no fucking idea where they could've taken her.

Madam Eira says that she recalls catching a glimpse of Aiyana being coerced toward Faye with a firearm pressed to her head. She says that she attempted to get up but the man pressed a cloth against her mouth and she lost consciousness.

Aiyana is nowhere to be found either. They either killed her or took her with them.

I combed through every inch of this Mansion. Even the cave at the back of the lake that I hadn't seen before. They're not here. They haven't left a note or anything else. I have no fucking idea what they want but I'd give them anything and fucking everything just to get her back.

Is she crying? She must be... Is she hungry? I think so because I was leaking a little earlier and that means that it's time to nurse her. I hope that they're not hurting her. Or scaring her. I don't want her to have any traumas. I don't understand how they took her. I can't comprehend it. We have so many fucking guards. What are they here for if someone can take away my daughter without anyone witnessing it? Without anyone intercepting it?

"Fal?" I hear Sorin's voice and I momentarily peek up at him. I can see Raze running around in the back, he's still digging through every room. Everyone is. My brother, my sister, everyone. "Fal, we'll find her, she-"

"Don't." I shake my head. "I don't want to hear it." I start to get up to proceed with my search, he holds his hand out for me and I take it. I hoped that I would've come to some sort of realization so I could find her but that didn't happen.

"They haven't seen anyone breaking in. There's no evidence that anyone came from outside, that's nearly impossible. There's also nothing that confirms that someone fled this place. Which only suggests that they're still here."