Chapter 28 | Calm Before The Storm

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

I

'm sitting beside him, my legs are thrown over his lap and his hand is brushing over them. I'm wearing a dress so my legs are exposed. High heels are clinging to my feet while my body is covered in gold jewelry.

Raze's free hand is resting on my stomach because his arm is wrapped around my waist. Automatically, I straighten myself because his touch- even the smallest - manages to excite me. His hand is open and flush against my stomach. This man has huge hands.

Anyway, I try not to focus on only his hands.

But it's hard because both of them are busy brushing over my body. Since my legs are on his lap, naturally, I'm leaning into his side. I place my head on his chest, wrapping one arm around his abdomen.

We're sitting here quite comfortably, perhaps even intimately for some but...

For a bar, I'd say we're quite tame.

Ah yes, we're at a bar! My dear second thought that we needed to and I quote, "Live a little, my sweet sweet boring Empress!"

I told him, "We're in the middle of a war- well not yet but something! We're in the middle of something serious and you want me to live a little?"

He said yes and now we're all here. Apparently, Laurent agreed. He thinks that people should see us at ease and this bar in particular is one filled with more Aedenese and Ravians instead of Hulsans.

Which they say is good. I don't know anymore, I'm just going along with the ride. I don't think anyone even recognized us, especially not in these not-so-formal outfits. So this entire night might be a waste of our precious time. And it's keeping me away from my sweet baby.

I think they wanted us to have a moment away from all the drama but you'd have to remove my head and place it far away from my body if you want me to have some peace in the middle of all this.

"Here you go, lovebirds." Sorin places a plate of something dough-like in front of us. A sauce next to it for us to dip it in. "Oh come on," He sighs. "Are you two going to act like this the entire night?"

"Act like what?" Raze asks for the both of us while I just sigh, leaning more into my kind, sweet, sexy- I can keep going with these compliments.

"Like you've just witnessed something so traumatizing that you can't even talk."

"I saw you dancing a few minutes ago so..." My husband shrugs and a laugh escapes me. He smiles, gently squeezing my leg before he continues brushing his hand over both of them.

Sorin rolls his eyes at us, "Whatever. I'm getting another drink because I fucking need it." he steps away and we both continue silently staring at our family.