Chapter 32 | Old Bank

I slice pieces from my apple, hating myself while I'm eating it because I'm pretty sure Raze isn't eating anything right now

I slice pieces from my apple, hating myself while I'm eating it because I'm pretty sure Raze isn't eating anything right now. But I need to keep eating something and I need to control my stress levels too. I wouldn't want my breastmilk to suddenly just stop coming in. Faye still needs me when we get back.

I hope she still does. She won't get that independent already, right? Fuck, I hope not.

I sigh, proceeding to chew on my chunk. The night sky reminds me a little of our wedding night. The Hefrad... It's a moment that we should've appreciated more. We couldn't because of the circumstances... The circumstances being Deimos.

But it was a magical moment. I still smile when I think back to it. How did I ever doubt his love for me?

The wedding was enchanting right until he showed up. He's dead. We took care of that. But every now and then, it feels like he's still here. It hasn't been that long since he died and perhaps that's why I still feel his shadow following me around.

I haven't shared that with Raze... I don't want him to know that even death hasn't stopped Deimos. Then again, it's not all the time. Just occasionally.

My mind keeps going and going and going. I think about Faye, my sweet innocent baby who doesn't even understand how to quit feeling the way she feels. She's upset, probably annoyed at everything happening around her and I'm sure that she's extremely prickly. I know how she is... I miss her.

But! Her idiot father got himself kidnapped! Like seriously? I thought we were beyond getting kidnapped at this point.

I'm what? Almost 23 years old now? I haven't been keeping count but I'm sure Raze knows. And since he's 2 years older than me, he's 25... Who gets kidnapped at 25 years old?!

I'm not one to judge, to be honest. And this wasn't actually a kidnapping... Anyway! He should be smarter than that! I told him that he couldn't do it alone! He never listens. Like fucking never.

I don't either... But this wasn't about me. And I can absolutely recall a few times that I have listened to his instincts. Like a few hours ago! Right before he got dragged through these gates.

Suddenly, he taps his hand against my foot, multiple times and that brings me back to reality. "Oh," I smile, setting my apple on his kitchen table. "Sorry," I yank the gag from his mouth. "You won't scream right?"

"W-water." He begs. "Please."

"Answer my question first."

"I won't scream." He manages to get out after clearing his throat a few times.

"Okay then." I smile at the man, getting up to pour him a glass of water. "Here you go, darling." I crouch beside him, handing him the glass.

He looks at me with widened eyes, "Right. Sorry, I forgot." I remove one of the ropes that I had fastened around his wrists, "Now drink up. I need my answers." he swallows greedily, devouring it in one sip.