Chapter 6 | Peace Offering

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

"Exactly, darling. He can't do anything." Raze says, trying to calm my nerves.

Before I can respond we hear a gunshot and Raze wraps his arms around me and drags me onto the ground. Our guards form a shield around us while some of the others tackle the person who tried to shoot at us.

Raze cups my cheeks, slightly pulling back while his eyes search my body. I do the same, checking his body because I know I'm okay.

Once, I see that he's okay, I decided to calm him down. "Angel, I'm okay. Baby is fine too."

"Are you sure? You've not been hit anywhere, right?"

"No, I'm perfectly okay."

"Okay," he lets out a breath of relief. "Fuck," he curses, pressing his forehead against mine and then tugging me back into his arms. It's the place I feel the safest and I suppose- no I know it's the same for him too.

"We're okay, angel. You are too right?"

"Yes, baby. I am if you are."

When we pull away, I brush my hand over his cheek and tenderly lean in to kiss him. He seemingly relaxes, kissing my forehead and then the tip of my nose as he tugs us up. He touches my cheek, a soft smile on his face before he turns around, walking toward the shooter.

"What's your name, young man?" The threatening and even slight humorous tone in his voice is unsettling.

"None of your fucking business." The man spits.

Raze laughs at him, "You realize what you just tried to do right? You tried to kill my wife. My child. You tried to end my fucking life. Now tell me how should I punish you?"

The man doesn't know how to respond, he's stuttering, not sure what to say. I know Raze is going to kill him but I also know that I don't want to see any of that violence. So I step back into the Mansion and step up to our room.

I look around the nursery again and even though I laughed about it, I decide to lay down on the bed in the nursery itself. It's actually very comfortable and I might sleep here often.

I can't hear anything that's happening outside but an hour or so later, when I feel Raze moving in to lay beside me, and his wet hair brushes again my shoulder, I know what must've happened. "Do you feel better, angel?"

"Very. It's a stress reliever." He teases. "He deserved it." He confirms again to keep me calm.

"He just followed orders... Was it the Alizes who sent him?"